FORUMS: list search recent posts

muvee Reveal Research

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Benjamin Mullins
muvee Reveal Research
on Mar 21, 2010 at 10:13:27 am

Hi,

I work as a professional FCP editor and have been asked to research "automated" video editing software such as muvee Reveal. Does anyone know if there is similar software for the MAC? If not, how efficient would it be to install Windows on my MAC, edit a sequence with Reveal, then switch back to OSX and import that sequence into FCP? All help is much appreciated.

Thank you,

Ben.

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
Re: muvee Reveal Research
on Mar 21, 2010 at 1:45:54 pm

The app you've linked looks like rubbish Ben, as a professional video editor I'm surprised you give it any credence at all. If you did install and run it on a PC (or for best efficiency, on a Windows system running on your Mac, via Parallels etc) do you have any reason to believe this PC software will read Quicktime movie files captured on a Mac and/or produce a "sequence" that you can import to FCP? I would expect to encounter problems to be honest. If you need to produce some sort of results of this research you've been tasked with then Philip Hodgett's / Assisted Editing came out with a couple of Mac based tool "First Cut" and "Finisher" for automated editing which at the very least add a certain artificial intelligence to the process, if also requiring a far greater adherence to detailed logging than most would find desirable... I've never personally heard of any editor or production house that actually uses this software but it may at least be something you can turn in to your bosses to show you tried.
Best
Andy

Return to posts index

Benjamin Mullins
on Mar 21, 2010 at 5:20:32 pm

Thanks Andy,

I just found First Cuts so took a look and it seems closer to what I was looking for than muvee Reveal. I have absolutely no intention of utilizing Reveal in a professional capacity and you're right, for real editing it is rubbish. In fact I wouldn't even refer to it as an editing package, more of a novel way of producing slideshows.
When I was asked about automated editing I was pretty sure that it didn't exist but I was asked to look so thanks for your help.

Specifically what I was asked to do is find a way of editing together multi-camera footage of sporting events in the most efficient manner possible. I know about the multiclip feature in FCP so I was looking for a separate piece of software that might be able to complement the process somehow, perhaps for cutting short 30 second intro sequences to music that I could then import onto my timeline.

On another note, could you recommend a website or retailer that produces high quality FCP/Motion templates for use in sporting films?

Thank you for your time,

Ben.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Mar 21, 2010 at 6:57:22 pm

Search for that on the Cow and Google. There are a number of template packages out there.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.1, Motion 4.0.1, Comp 3.5.1, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.1)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]