FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can I make a black, white, and red movie using fcp?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jesse wenger
Can I make a black, white, and red movie using fcp?
on Mar 21, 2010 at 4:09:49 am

is it possible to create a black and white AND red movie (like sin city) using Final Cut Pro?

would I shoot in black and white, then add the color red, or would I shoot in color then strip it down to black and white and red? is this even possible?

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Can I make a black, white, and red movie using fcp?
on Mar 21, 2010 at 5:58:10 am

You'd do it in Color not FCP. YOu could do it in FCP, but Color is a much better tool for this. Turn it Black and White keeping only what was shot red would be the best way to do this.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

jesse wenger
on Mar 21, 2010 at 2:04:29 pm

i have access to adobe after effects, but not "color." Would Adobe after effects do the trick you think?

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
on Mar 21, 2010 at 10:57:22 pm

You have Color if your running FCP 6...

Just install it. I'm not familiar with AE's abilities here. You could ask about in the AE forum. I'm sure it would do it.
Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]