FORUMS: list search recent posts

HD Rendering

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chancler Haynes
HD Rendering
on Mar 20, 2010 at 4:36:19 pm

I'm shooting with a Sony HDR-FX7 at 1080i. My Final Cut Pro 6 Export (Using Quicktime Conversion) setting is set to default at H.267 in the Video option settings (or something like that, I'm not by the edit mac right now.) It takes Forever to convert to Quicktime and often stops at or around about 15% and says that the memory is gone. My external (MY BOOK) hardrive has 500g. And before I start the edit, my mac hardrive has about 800mb. Once this error message comes up and it stops exporting, my mac hardrive will be at zero kb.

So I changed my Export settings to HDV-PRO/NTSC and it works fine. Now my question is: Is that a good setting to keep my HD Quality for both Internet upload and export back to tape for Television Broadcast? Or is there another export setting I should be using to maintain my HD quality, but also not have the problem I was having with the default setting?

-Chan

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: HD Rendering
on Mar 20, 2010 at 7:41:24 pm

[Chancler Haynes] "my mac hardrive will be at zero kb. "

Sounds like you are exporting to your system's HD and filling that up. Make sure you are exporting to your external drive. H264 will probably be smaller than HDV anyway.

Also you need to clean up your system drive a drive that full is very dangerous. You should never fill a system drive pass 90% full.

Return to posts index

Chancler Haynes
Re: HD Rendering
on Mar 21, 2010 at 1:25:04 am

Sorry, I must have said something wrong. I am exporting to my external drive. But for some reason it seems to take from the main hardrive while rendering. It goes from 800mb to zero, then I'll restart the computer and it will be back at 800mb.

But let me ask you this. What is the best setting for exporting HD so that it will have the BEST quality on YouTube?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]