FORUMS: list search recent posts

New Final Cut Studio in the Near Future?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Benjamin Daines
New Final Cut Studio in the Near Future?
on Mar 20, 2010 at 3:32:00 pm

I am going to be going to college soon, and entering the Film program. I am currently running Studio 2; they run Studio 3. So I will need to upgrade, but is Studio 4 rumored to be out soon (in a time frame they may be updating over the summer)? Don't wanna waste the money now, if I'll have to update again in the fall.

--Thanks.

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
Re: New Final Cut Studio in the Near Future?
on Mar 20, 2010 at 3:50:44 pm

No Ben, nothing new is expected in the short term at this time ... and the FCS2009 update is a bargain.

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Mar 20, 2010 at 4:20:54 pm

[Benjamin Daines] "So I will need to upgrade, but is Studio 4 rumored to be out soon (in a time frame they may be updating over the summer)?"

Yes. Steve Jobs is going to personally be presenting Studio 4 at NAB in a few weeks. He's bringing iPads for the first 200 people who line up for the presentation. iPhone 3Gs for the next 200 people. iPod Nanos for the next 200. And iPhone boxes for the rest. You might not get a product but at least you'll have that really cool Apple box sitting on the shelf.

Asking about "rumors" about future releases is futile as has been pointed out on this very forum hundreds of times in the past. Apple will release a new version of Studio when they're good and ready if they don't sell off the entire product line first to Microsoft.

Whoops, did I say that out loud?

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"Foul Water, Fiery Serpent" featuring Sigourney Weaver coming soon.

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

Bob Flood
on Mar 22, 2010 at 7:33:12 pm

Walter

Wow that sounds great! i cant wait......hold on....Oh i see....you're being sarcastic. Dang! I was really hoping to get an apple box!

maybe next year?

bee eph

"I like video because its so fast!"

Bob Flood
Greer & Associates, Inc.

Return to posts index

Benjamin Daines
on Mar 20, 2010 at 4:25:50 pm

First of all that was not helpful. While your sarcasm is appreciated, if you know anything about Apple there are always rumors and certain people who have heard when new updates like this are coming.

Return to posts index

Arnie Schlissel
on Mar 20, 2010 at 4:30:48 pm

[Benjamin Daines] "there are always rumors and certain people who have heard when new updates like this are coming. "

Apple has better internal security than the CIA. Anyone in a position to really know is under contract not to talk about it. Anyone that "knowingly" predicts what Apple is planning isn't in the loop.

Arnie

Post production is not an afterthought!
http://www.arniepix.com/

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Mar 20, 2010 at 5:05:49 pm

[Benjamin Daines] "if you know anything about Apple there are always rumors and certain people who have heard when new updates like this are coming."

You are obviously not familiar with Apple's NDA policy and security. I've been under NDA with them in the past. Let's just say it's very good. You do NOT want to reveal anything publicly.

People who know when any Apple product is coming out cannot speak publicly.

Those who do speak publicly about any "rumors" have no clue what they are talking about and are merely making educated guesses. Well most of the time there's less education and more guessing.

So no, those "certain people" who have heard of new updates will not speaking on a forum like this one. So if you need the Studio update now, purchase it. If you don't, then wait.

And believe me, my sarcasm is rather tame compared to what could be said in this thread, and has already been said in the hundreds of previous threads about Apple rumors.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"Foul Water, Fiery Serpent" featuring Sigourney Weaver coming soon.

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

Benjamin Daines
on Mar 20, 2010 at 5:52:16 pm

I suppose an educated guess is what I wanted.

Return to posts index

Chi-Ho Lee
on Mar 20, 2010 at 6:09:00 pm

Chill out people. He's an excited student eager to start college and is here to look for some good info from industry pros. HIs tone was friendly and inquisitive. No need to give sarcasms and attitudes. He's a high school student so obviously, he won't know anything about NDAs. Way to welcome a young person who's looking to enter this forum and this field. This is the classic holier than thou old guards crapping on the newbies for asking basic questions, which is not helpful nor welcomed on this site.

Ben, there has been no rumors of any significant FCP updates. Hopefully there will be some new patches that will address the issues that exist. So keep on asking questions, there's no such thing as a stupid question, despite what you've read here.

CHL

Chi-Ho Lee
Film & Television Editor
Apple Certified Final Cut Pro Trainer
http://www.chiholee.com

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Mar 20, 2010 at 7:53:05 pm

People if you cannot handle sarcasm you have no place in this business. Walter's post was funny (and creative) and it makes the correct point. There are Mac rumor site all over the place, a quick look at any of them will turn up a dry well on FCP, past history is a new version of FCS every 18 to 24 months. So most likely and educated guest is an announcement at NAB 2011.

But like Walter said, if you are in the know you are not talking. I have to say that FCP rumors are pretty far off most of the time. Anyone still waiting on FCP Extreme or Momentum?

And I'm sorry there ARE stupid questions. Everyone ask them every now and again. When you do, take the sarcasm as a joke, laugh and shake your head at yourself and move on, don't get so offended.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Mar 20, 2010 at 9:05:04 pm

Like this one:

I'm too lazy to look in the manual. Can you tell the shortcut for creating a new sequence?

I need this ASAP. I'm on a deadline.

No need to comment. Lets move on.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Alan Okey
on Mar 20, 2010 at 9:35:28 pm

[walter biscardi] "And believe me, my sarcasm is rather tame compared to what could be said in this thread"

WWZS?

(what would Zelin say?)

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Mar 21, 2010 at 6:07:07 am

Buy when you need. Waiting for the next version is chasing your own tail. Look at the people waiting for the RED Scarlett...

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

B.J. Ahlen
on Mar 21, 2010 at 10:19:52 pm

...and finally, even when the new version comes out, you don't want to buy it.

Not until the bleeding edge early adopters have stopped bleeding and their dried corpses have been swept off the streets.

This goes for any sufficiently complex product, not just FCS (which is definitely up there in complexity).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]