FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to take backup of Final Cut Pro Projects

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tapas Mishra
How to take backup of Final Cut Pro Projects
on Mar 20, 2010 at 6:28:53 am

Hi
I used Final Cut Pro to edit some 10 videos but then I suddenly saw that the space in my hard drive had finished.Upon searching in finder I came across a folder name Final Cut Pro Documents

I noticed that the Rendered Folder files had taken a lot of disk space I deleted that and from Trash also I deleted that.To my surprise the videos that I had converted to quick time format were not working I got an error that Final Cut Pro Videos need FIN files to be able to play.
I am not clear with why should a converted Quicktime movie file need a FIN file to play and I do not want to do same.My hard disk is 160GB .Each video is of 8-10 GB.How do I take backup of it and the DVD available to me are of 4.75 GB only.The Final Cut Pro project seems that it does not breaks up the captured tapes instead makes a file which is a pointer to where the clip has been selected from the original sequence and rendered since the Livetype files which I have are not having any problem I lost all my work tell me how can I make backups and which folder should I make a backup.
When I capure a video I use default settings but when I make a new Final Cut Pro project
I use a folder name Tapas and Project 1 ,Project 2 Like that.These project files are of very little space.
The converted Quicktime movie was 375 Mb and I had not deleted that movie but on deleting the files from
openmac-->Documents->Final Cut Pro Documents->Render Files->Capture Scratch->Capture Scratch

I lost all of them.
Similarly in

openmac-->Documents->Final Cut Pro Documents->Render Files->Capture Scratch->Render Files
there are files which are FIN files why do I need to take a backup of them to be able to play the Quicktime movie which I had converted from Final Cut Pro Documents.

Return to posts index

Ben Holmes
Re: How to take backup of Final Cut Pro Projects
on Mar 20, 2010 at 4:18:13 pm

I would think this has a lot to do with you having capture scratch folders INSIDER render folders. You have badly set capture scratch settings, and this has led to you deleting original media as well as render files.

Edit Out Ltd
----------------------------
FCP Editor/Trainer/System Consultant
EVS/VT Supervisor for live broadcast
RED camera transfer/post
Independent Director/Producer

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/casestudies/detail.asp?case=therydercup

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]