FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using FCP 5- New rendering problem occurs

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Warren
Using FCP 5- New rendering problem occurs
on Mar 20, 2010 at 4:00:41 am

Before and after moving all of my raw footage, being 100 gigs, from the internal HD to a G-RAID, I have encountered a rendering problem. For short sequences of rendering, the progression bar tends to stop at 17% and continuously raise in time needed, and the spinning wheel of death is brought forth. Once the wheel occurs, I am unable to cancel the render, but am able to force quit. NOTE: I am able to render when exporting short scenes- but while simply rendering clips that are in a timeline, It has been incapable.

The speed of the computer, being a MacBook Pro with 2.53Ghz, and a dual intel core, has been made healthy by my recent action. What exactly could be causing this issue that is so recent? And precisely what solutions exist?

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Using FCP 5- New rendering problem occurs
on Mar 20, 2010 at 1:21:27 pm

Seems to me things like this occur when you drag and drop media files on the desktop. If you use media manager to copy the files, it seems to go better.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

James Warren
on Mar 21, 2010 at 2:27:50 am

Hello,
I moved every related file to the external HD, and copied the project with the use of Media Manager, designating it to a folder on the external HD. After rendering an eight minute project without any crashes, I would like to thank you.

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
on Mar 21, 2010 at 2:57:57 am

You're quite welcome!

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]