FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM Error Initialisng Database

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Barry O'Brien
XDCAM Error Initialisng Database
on Mar 19, 2010 at 10:27:33 pm

It always happens the end of day on a Friday! I'm running Final Cut Pro 6.0.6 on a Intel Dual-Core MAC. Running OSX 10.4.11. Just finished a project using XDCAM Footage brought in with XDCAM Transfer 2.7.0. No problems, at all.

I switch to working an another FCP project on another external drive, and I go to import new XDCAM BPAV files in to this project. Pop up window says: "The database does not support this version of the offline database. This application supports version 8 databases, but this is a version 10 database."

I have obviously confused XDCAM Transfer, but I don't know how - same camera, same 720p, same Mac, same software. - What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Barry

Return to posts index

Barry O'Brien
Re: XDCAM Error Initialisng Database
on Mar 19, 2010 at 11:39:49 pm

I am back up and working again. This is what I did. I quit out of FCP. I trashed the Sony XDCAM Transfer Preferences (com.sony.bprl.xdcamtransfer). I fired up XDCam Transfer, and the pop-up preferences window appeared.

I clicked on default preferences, and the application opened. I closed the application and repoened FCP. I selected import>XDCAM and all was ggod again. The probelm has something to do with changing cache settings in XDCAM Transfer.

I generally set up a separate cashe file for each project withing my project file, but this time, it got confused. I don't have time to figure it out right now, but this will fix the Database problem if you run into it.

Barry

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
on Mar 20, 2010 at 3:23:16 pm

Hi Barry
This happens when you try to use an older version of XDCAM Transfer with a database created by a newer version of the app. Judging from your post, what happened is that at some point over the last couple of years you have installed one of the newer versions of XDCAM Transfer and when you came to point your app at a new cache location you must inadvertently have pointed it at a prior location, and more specifically, at one that contained the preexisting (and newer versioned) database.
Hope it helps
Andy

Return to posts index

Barry O'Brien
on Mar 20, 2010 at 4:32:42 pm

Both of these projects were started after I upgrades my XDCam Transfer, but you bring up a good point. I may have older cashe files from old projects in the database with cashe files from newer projects. Maybe XDCam Transfer is seeing some old cashe file data, and flipping out.

How would you pick through and clean out a cashe database file?

Anyway, the project is done, and the work-around is to dump the old preference file, and go back to the default XDCam settings. It puts the cashe in a generic cashe location, instead of where I wanted to put it, but at least I could finish the project.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Barry

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]