FORUMS: list search recent posts

Good (3rd party) plug-in for chroma-key in FCP7?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Niklas Wikman
Good (3rd party) plug-in for chroma-key in FCP7?
on Mar 19, 2010 at 12:07:28 pm

We're looking into greenscreen/bluescreen using Reflecmedias concept.

Are there any good 3rd-party plugins for FCP7 ?

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: Good (3rd party) plug-in for chroma-key in FCP7?
on Mar 19, 2010 at 12:08:37 pm

Boris FX makes a good one.

Red Giant has the Primatte Key system which is awesome.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"Foul Water, Fiery Serpent" featuring Sigourney Weaver coming soon.

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

Neil Sadwelkar
on Mar 19, 2010 at 12:27:09 pm

Motion has a good keyer too.

-----------------------------------
Neil Sadwelkar
neilsadwelkar.blogspot.com
twitter: fcpguru
FCP Editor, Edit systems consultant
Mumbai India

Return to posts index

Jeff Handy
on Mar 19, 2010 at 2:44:13 pm

I'm partial to Keylight myself - very easy to set up and tweak in a wide range of lighting and subject circumstances. Yes, it's included with AE, but it's also a separate plug-in for FCP. IMO, the only thing better is Ultimatte, but it's a bear to learn and tweak. The one thing Ultimatte does better than anyone is spill control around hair. I'd put Keylight and Primatte at essentially the same billing.

HandyGeek

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Mar 19, 2010 at 3:26:49 pm

Ultimatte Advantedge is great. The only problem is it take forever to render and the "support" to help you learn it is no where to be found. But it does an amazing job: http://www.ultimatte.com/UltimatteMain/AdvantEdge.html

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Tim Hedegaard
on Mar 20, 2010 at 10:46:18 pm

[Stephen Smith] "Ultimatte Advantedge is great. The only problem is it take forever to render and the "support" to help you learn it is no where to be found. But it does an amazing job"

If you find that Ultimatte AdvantEdge is taking too long to render, I suggest that you try Ultimatte RT (compatible with FCP and Motion, only). It will render SD footage in real-time. HD footage will be a little slower than real-time, but still blazing fast. RT is a GPU-accelerated version of the AdvantEdge plugin (with a much simpler interface.

I encourage you to give the demo version of Ultimatte AdvantEdge and/or Ultimatte RT a try. It is fully functional, but the output is watermarked. You won't even have to uninstall/reinstall the software when you purchase. When the dongle is installed, the output will no longer be watermarked. Visit the link below for the demo download:

http://www.Ultimatte-Software.com

Purchases from the site listed above qualify for FREE lifetime phone and e-mail support.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Mar 23, 2010 at 2:57:34 pm

Tim, I think Ultimatte Advantedge is the best keyer out there. I've never seen a keyer do hair or glass like it does. I use it more then any keyer. The company I work for owns two copies of it. Considering how much it costs we would not have purchased it if I didn't think it was the best for what we do. I've messed around with the Ultimatte RT and feel I can't get the same results as I get with the Advatedge. My comments on slow rendering and no video tutorials was not a slam. Like all programs I've used, they have stuff I would like them to do that they don't, and that is why we keep getting updates and new versions of software. Based on your response I'm guessing you work for Ultimatte, keep up the good work and feel free to contact me about other items that would be great in the next version.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Mar 19, 2010 at 4:59:14 pm

I haven't used it, but the new PHYX keyer looks excellent.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.1, Motion 4.0.1, Comp 3.5.1, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.1)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Phil Yunker
on Mar 19, 2010 at 7:14:58 pm

I use Red Giant Software's Primatte Keyer Pro, it's almost a one click process, Keylight is also very good
http://www.redgiantsoftware.com/products/all/primatte-keyer-pro/

PHIL YUNKER
Yunker Video Production Services
http://www.philyunker.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/philyunker

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Mar 23, 2011 at 4:04:19 pm

Update: Ultimatte Advantedge does not work with a 12 core machine. I was not happy to find that out. Ultimatte tech support said this on March 10, 2011 "It is unlikely AdvantEdge will be updated for 12-core compatibility anytime in the near future."

I started a new search for a keyer that handles hair and glass really well. I did a test with The Foundry's Keylight and it did a great job, I was very happy with the results. My test clip took 13 seconds to render....with Advantedge the same clip took 3 minutes and 22 seconds. Keeping in mind that the test was done on different machines because Advantedge can't work on a 12-core. Keylight is a lot cheaper as well. Not sure if I'm going to download a free trial of any of the other keyers because I was so happy with the results.

Can anyone think of a reason why I should test another green screen keyer plug-in such as Primatte?

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]