FCP HANGING... PLEASE HELP!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
anthony Faulkner
FCP HANGING... PLEASE HELP!
on Mar 19, 2010 at 1:25:18 am

FCP 6.06
OS 10.5.8

I am in the middle of a project. Yesterday it crashed with a message saying the pro graphics plug in was at fault. When i tried to reopen it FCP would hang without opening the project. So I dived into the autosave vault but could only open a version about half way down the list. Thereby losing about 2 hours of work.OK ill suck it up.

saved the file as a new name and got back to work, advanced the project to a draft edit stage. Had it reviewed. saved it and then made a back up for safety. shut everything down and go home for the night.

Arrive at the office this morning go to open it. FCP hangs without opening. go to the back up, same thing. go to the autosave vault the only file that will open is the first autosave file. effectively taking me back an entire day.

other projects will open no problems. I moved files to other disks to try and open them from there.

The project uses some heavy motion files and looks builder coloring. could this have anything to do with it?

Is there any solution? how can I stop it happening in the future. the third time on the round about is bad enough, 4 could result in my coffee cup being embedded in the flat screen!

any help is much appreciated...

Thanks

Anthony Faulkner

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: FCP HANGING... PLEASE HELP!
on Mar 19, 2010 at 4:56:09 am

Trash preferences, repair permissions and run DiskWarrior.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]