FORUMS: list search recent posts

Render Problem ON A DEADLINE

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ricky Carr
Render Problem ON A DEADLINE
on Mar 18, 2010 at 9:55:33 pm

Hello, I am on a deadline and I am having multiple problems and I need answers very fast. I am using Final Cut Pro 6.06 on a Mac Pro 2x2.66 Dual Core Intel Xeon with 7 gigs ram and lots of free drive space.
On my project timeline, there is an area that needs to be rendered. When I try to render, it starts and says six minutes remaining, goes for a few minutes, and when it is almost rendered, an error saying not enough memory appears. The area is only five seconds at most, and my drive has lots of empty space. If I click out of the error and try again, FCP crashes. I really need to fix this ASAP. Please, someone help!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Render Problem ON A DEADLINE
on Mar 18, 2010 at 10:13:17 pm

DO you have a still image or something in that section that is over 4000 pixels in size? FCP doesn't work with footage over 4K.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Ricky Carr
on Mar 18, 2010 at 10:17:08 pm

I have an image that is 2289 x 2285 does that count?

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Mar 18, 2010 at 10:27:22 pm

Apart from huge image files causing that error message, it can also mean a corrupt file.

Try rendering just a few clips at a time until you find the culprit. The out of memory error is poorly named as it implies drive or RAM lacking, but I can get it on my machine with buckets of ram and a 4TB RAID with 3.5TB spare.

Return to posts index

Ricky Carr
on Mar 18, 2010 at 10:36:45 pm

The file is very small and it still crashes if i render in clips, so that doesn't seem to be the problem, but maybe it is, I'm no expert.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Mar 18, 2010 at 10:45:12 pm

[Ricky Carr] "The file is very small and it still crashes if i render in clips, so that doesn't seem to be the problem, but maybe it is, I'm no expert."

Have you isolated the problem to one clip? I am not sure I understand what you are saying.

Return to posts index

Gary Askham
on Mar 18, 2010 at 11:09:29 pm

7GB RAM is an unusual number for a Mac. They like the RAM to be split evenly across the risers. Try bringing the RAM down to 6 or 4 or whatever you need to bring it to an even number. Or you might just have a bad stick of RAM.

------------------------
FCP and Avid Technical Support
Air Post Production
Shoreditch - London

Return to posts index

Drew Kilcoin
on Mar 18, 2010 at 11:13:05 pm

make your image a tiff if it is not already and yes isolate areas of render to find problem clip...

Drew
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2398405/

Return to posts index

Robb Harriss
on Mar 19, 2010 at 1:00:06 am

are you talking about export renders, or renders right in the timeline (sequence)? Do you have markers indicating you have elements that need to be rendered for full playback?

Non-linear: all the time and nothing but.

Return to posts index

Drew Kilcoin
on Mar 19, 2010 at 1:03:30 am

literally highlight one by one each clip in the timeline that needs to be rendered and render it. Once the error comes up you know you have found it, the bad clip. Make sure Full playback settings and unlimited rt

Drew
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2398405/

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
on Mar 19, 2010 at 1:29:27 pm

Trying making that still half it's size and reimporting/linking it.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta

Return to posts index

Kai Cheong
on Mar 20, 2010 at 8:59:13 am

If all the suggestions don't seem to work [even after you trashed your preferences], try copying the clips in your timeline and dumping them into a new sequence... and export from there.

Sometimes, that solves the mystery/problem.

Kai
FCP Editor / Producer with Intuitive Films
http://kai-fcp-editor.blogspot.com
--
Now 'LIVE'! Check Out The Intuitive Films Blog @ http://intuitive-films.blogspot.com

At Intuitive Films, We Create: TV Commercials, Documentaries, Corporate Videos and Feature Films
Visit us @ http://www.intuitivefilms.com
--
MacBook Pro 2.4GHz | 4GB RAM | FCP 5.1.4 | Mac OS X 10.5.7

8-Core Intel Mac Pro 2.26GHz | 8GB RAM | FCP 6.0.2 | Mac OS X 10.5.6 | 3.0TB CalDigit VR | 2 x 24" Dell S2409W

Return to posts index

Ricky Carr
on Mar 21, 2010 at 4:34:23 pm

Thank you all for your help, I have solved the problem by reconverting the video and making a new project. I am so glad that there are people out there willing to help a stranger in need!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]