FORUMS: list search recent posts

offline-online workflow (ProRess 422 HQ)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kozo Okumura
offline-online workflow (ProRess 422 HQ)
on Mar 17, 2010 at 11:50:24 pm

I am wokring on HD project (ProRess 422 HQ) in the office but I am doing an offline (DV-NTSC) editing at home to save the drive space and rendering time.

The way I am doing is that to open the DV-NTSC project at office. Since there is no DV-NTSC media in the office, all the media is offline. So, when I reconnect the media, I choose the ProRess422 HQ clips. The sequence looks fine except all the clips in the sequence comes with a filter that flip the field order.
I guess this is because original DV-NTSC is lower first as opposed to ProRes 422 HQ is upper first.

Now that I have to click every single clips and remove this unwanted filter.
Is there any other workflow that doesn't come with this filter?

Thank you for your advice.

Return to posts index

Jamie Pickell
Re: offline-online workflow (ProRess 422 HQ)
on Mar 18, 2010 at 1:10:13 am

Do you have to work in DV? I would recommend creating Pro Res Proxy files of your original material and retaining the full raster size. If you start doing scale and motion effects on your shots they won't translate nicely from the DV raster to the HD raster. The Proxy files will take almost twice as much hard drive space, but I think that's a small price to pay in comparison to the potential headaches it will save you later on. Also it will address your field order issue.

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Michael Gissing
on Mar 18, 2010 at 1:12:46 am

If you had used HDV, the field order is upper, the same as the ProRes and the data rate is identical to DV, plus you would be seeing an HD image, not reduced resolution.

To fix your current problem, if you have no other filters on any of your shots, you can simply select all clips, click remove attributes>filters and remove the shift fields. However, if you have other filters, they will be deleted too.

Return to posts index

Kozo Okumura
on Mar 18, 2010 at 5:51:40 pm

>To fix your current problem, if you have no other filters on any of your shots, you can simply select all clips, click remove attributes>filters and remove the shift fields.

Thank you!! This is exactly what I needed!! I am cutting documentary so there is no effects and this works for me.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]