FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP7: Missing Functionality, Dragging Motion Tabs to Timeline

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Courtney
FCP7: Missing Functionality, Dragging Motion Tabs to Timeline
on Mar 17, 2010 at 6:22:48 pm

Colleagues, howdy,

I'm having an error with our recently-installed Final Cut 7, and I can't seem to find any discussions on the topic, so I'm wondering if it's just our systems here, or something more global. (Frankly, I'm also wondering if I'm the only person who ever edited using this "trick".)

Here's the issue. Back in Final Cut 6, I would apply a drop shadow or a crop or anything from the motion-tab. I would open the tab to manipulate the parameters for the shot. But then, if I had a bunch of other shots in the sequence that required the same cropping or drop shadows or what-have-you, I was able to grab the little "drop shadow" tab and drag it straight onto any highlighted clips in my sequence, and apply it to them all at once. (I can still copy-and-paste-attributes from my hero-clip, but the old workflow was a few clicks faster, and great for applying the same motion-parameters across a mass of clips.)

Am I the only one that's missing this handy little trick? We just installed the Magic Bullet Suite today, and I have to confess I hadn't noticed the absence of my old functionality before that install. I'm wondering if maybe there is a conflict? Or, again, maybe its just our two suites here. Did Apple make that workflow go-away for some reason? Is it just me?

*Wait, I just realized I can still do this trick with tabs from the filter menu in the viewer. But I can't do it with the motion menu. I used to be able to do this with motion, though, right? Or am I on crack?

Steve Courtney
Senior Editor
Venables Bell & Partners
San Francisco

2 x 2.93Ghz Quad Core Intel Xeon
12 GB
FCP 7.0.1

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: FCP7: Missing Functionality, Dragging Motion Tabs to Timeline
on Mar 17, 2010 at 7:59:47 pm

You have always been able to to it with the Filters tab, never with the Motion tab, at least I've never heard of it or sen it done.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]