FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need some missing effects

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Louis Stevenson
Need some missing effects
on Mar 16, 2010 at 11:19:24 pm

I made a thread like this once before, and Im trying again because I still haven't figured it out.
I started a video on Final Cut Express on my Macbook and when I got an Imac I installed FCP and transferred a project over to it. A lot of the effects I had used were missing, so I tried installing FCE on the imac as well but the effects were missing from there too.

Originally, people from this forum told me that the effects came from Motion and I needed to install that, even though I never had Motion installed on any computer and never even had a copy to install. Recently I was using FCE on a computer at school and it had the same effects but no Motion. I asked the instructor where they came from and she said that it was installed with them.

Some of the missing effects are: Color Solid, Kaleidoscope, Kaleidotile, Color Balance (different from the one in Image Control)

Does anybody have these effects on FCP or there copy of FCE and what is the secret to getting them?

I know Color Solid is basically the same as a color matte but I added it to the list anyway because it still shows up as missing.

Return to posts index

Colin Dempster
Re: Need some missing effects
on Feb 8, 2014 at 6:08:20 pm

Hi Louis

I was just wondering if you ever found a solution to this issue. I'm having exactly the same problem.

A six year old Mac that has never had Motion or Final Cut installed has the Color Solid plugin which is listed as a FxPlug in the effects tab. I have no memory of ever installing any extra plugins.

I've copied a project across to a new iMac, which after a fresh install of FCE and then upgrading to 4.0.1,still doesn't show the effect.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Colin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]