FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bizarre Firewire Issues

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jordan Karr-Morse
Bizarre Firewire Issues
on Mar 15, 2010 at 5:56:18 pm

Hi all,

Found this morning that firewire device control is suddenly not working on 3 separate MacPros and a MacBook Pro. I tried swapping out the deck (have tried both a clamshell and a camera) and the firewire cords, repaired disk permissions, restarted, etc. All machines give the same error message that FCP is "Unable to initialize video deck". Anyone else having this issue? I'm stumped.

Cheers,

Jordan

http://www.softboxdigital.com

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Bizarre Firewire Issues
on Mar 15, 2010 at 6:39:59 pm

Go to your System Profiler and select the FireWire option. See if the computer is recognizing the fire wire. If it is not, I swear by this because it makes no sense. Unplug your power cord from the back of the box for 5 minutes. Re plug it in and it will see the firewire 400 ports again. I know that sounds crazy but it has worked for me several times.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Jordan Karr-Morse
on Mar 15, 2010 at 7:45:19 pm

Thanks for the reply Stephen. Tried you suggestion but to no avail. The really strange thing is that this is happening on 4 quite different machines all running FCP 6.0.6. I've also tried capturing via imovie and Vidi (a free firewire capture app). Nothing seems to recognize our decks (we've tried 3 decks now). Our firewire hard drives are working fine. I'm thinking about contacting a priest.

http://www.softboxdigital.com

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Mar 17, 2010 at 6:24:48 pm

Are the FW drives and deck/cam on the same FW buss? That often causes problems.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.1, Motion 4.0.1, Comp 3.5.1, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.1)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

chris Fagan
on Mar 20, 2010 at 6:50:41 pm

his is EXACTLY what's happening to me! Three different devices, two different cables, reinstalled EVERYTHING, trash preferences... I don't know what heck happened to what to do next! Everything was working fine. Please let me know if you solves this. My livelihood is at stake.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]