FORUMS: list search recent posts

Capturing drops frames and wont work

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bobby long
Capturing drops frames and wont work
on Mar 14, 2010 at 11:22:27 pm

i use a dvx100b and final cut pro. Everything has worked great for 2 years, but all of a sudden when i go to capture it drops tons of frames. I hit capture and it only captures about 1 frame every second. after about 4 seconds it says frames dropped and stops. Anyone know why its doing this? When i watch the video in the capture box before hitting capture, a bunch of lines go through any movement in the video. Kind of like interlacing lines but thicker and sometimes blurry. I dont think it use to show lines in the video before. i reset final cut pro so i dont think its settings. could it be my camera? computer? i tried multiple tapes and it does it with all of them. any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
Re: Capturing drops frames and wont work
on Mar 15, 2010 at 1:26:18 pm

Have you tried cleaning the heads on your camera? Get a head cleaning tape and run it for about 10 seconds. They're pretty rough on the heads but a necessary evil with tape based cameras.

Just a thought!

Tony Brittan
Apple Certified Pro - FCP
YouTube.com/tonybvideo

Return to posts index

David Stiles
on Mar 15, 2010 at 3:36:34 pm

Sounds like dirty heads to me too. If you don't have any success after cleaning the camera with a head cleaning tape, try using a different camera or deck to capture with. It could be that your camera has been bumped around enough to knock the tracking out of whack. If the alternate cam/deck works, you might need service on yours. Good luck!

Dave Stiles
http://www.davestiles.com
cyberstiles.blogspot.com

Return to posts index

bobby long
on Mar 15, 2010 at 3:58:55 pm

thanks! So when i put a head cleaner tape in what do i do? just hit play in camera mode? Is there a cheap local place to get a head cleaner like wolf camera or best buy?

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
on Mar 15, 2010 at 4:35:44 pm

Yea, they have directions with them but generally you just put them in, turn em on for ten seconds, them take em out (um, after you trun it off is course).

Should have em at any electronics store or even Target or walmart.

Tony Brittan
Apple Certified Pro - FCP
YouTube.com/tonybvideo

Return to posts index

bobby long
on Mar 15, 2010 at 7:04:08 pm

i tried this and it didnt help... unless i did something wrong. is there a way to tell the tape is cleaning? i couldnt really hear a noise and since there is no video on the tape the time code doesnt change

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]