FORUMS: list search recent posts

time speed ramping

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Ball
time speed ramping
on Mar 13, 2010 at 8:34:15 pm

Can someone walk me through going from 100% to freeze frame with an ease motion? I'd like to show something taken from a box at normal speed, and then one it's out ease into a freeze frame. I just don't get this. Thanks

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: time speed ramping
on Mar 14, 2010 at 2:05:59 am

You could ramp the speed down using the "speed" parameter in the Motion tab, then match frame the frame you want to freeze, and type cmd+n, then edit it right next to that frame in the timeline.

FWiW, once you've made the speed ramp in FCP, send that clip to Motion 4, and open the "timing" parameter in the Inspector window. Change the blend mode to "optical flow" then save it. Render it in FCP. Will look much smoother.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

Greg Ball
on Mar 14, 2010 at 4:51:46 am

Thanks Jerry, how would you ramp the speed town? Would that give me an ease into the freeze frame, or would it be abrupt? I don't have motion 4 I'm still on motion 3 and FCP 6.06

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
on Mar 14, 2010 at 4:58:55 am

Yeah ramping the speed down should indeed make it smooth into the freeze. I can't remember if Motion 3 has "optical flow" but if it does do try it.. you could search the Motion 3 manual on those words, and if the come up, it can do it...

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]