FORUMS: list search recent posts

Timecode filter in compressor?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Fields
Timecode filter in compressor?
on Mar 13, 2010 at 5:31:51 pm

No matter what my sequence timecode is, the Timecode Generator filter in Compressor starts at 00:00:00:00.

And I made absolutely certain that the "start timecode at 00:00:00:00 box was NOT checked.

I used to be able to use this filter and it always accurately reflected whatever timecode I had set in my sequence, but not any more.

One more piece of information: if I export a QT reference file and THEN put it into Compressor, the timecode filter works perfectly. It's only when I use the Send To command from FCP that it displays 00:00:00:00.

Can anyone else replicate this, and if so, what should I do?

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Timecode filter in compressor?
on Mar 13, 2010 at 9:02:10 pm

Export a reference QT. You said that works....

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Scott Fields
on Mar 14, 2010 at 1:31:00 am

Thanks Shane, but I was hoping to avoid that for the simple reason that FCP exports the full audio portion of the sequence (not just a reference like Avid), and I have 24 half-hour sequences. So I'd love to save the extra steps (not to mention drive space) by doing it directly from FCP like I used to.

I have no idea what changed, but I'd love it if someone could confirm that it's a bug, or that there's something corrupted in my system.

Return to posts index

Scott Fields
on Mar 25, 2010 at 12:11:09 am

I now believe it IS a bug. I tried this on three different FCP systems and it's repeatable.

Sad part is, it USED to work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]