FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP file won't open while others do and lost media

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
paula tanti
FCP file won't open while others do and lost media
on Mar 13, 2010 at 5:26:08 pm

hello and thank you for opening..

Ok so i will take you step by step with how I have discovered this and what on earth it may be.

I go to open an FCP file (very big) of a film I last touched up a month ago.
It will not open . I get a window saying that the file may have been made in a newer version. Not possible.

I go to my back up file in another hard drive and I get the same response.

I go to my other back up file (this film has been my life for a while) and i get the same result.

I open another project that i worked on in the same month and through to March and its opens without a problem.

I go to the hard drive (now this is where it get stupid) and all my media files seem to have disappeared BUT the hard drive is still full. the media files were in two separate places in this hard drive and in both separate places they are now 'invisible'

I go to Autosave and i try to open a file there and ii get the same message...

Any ideas ...any one??

Thank you paula

Return to posts index

paula tanti
Re: FCP file won't open while others do and lost media
on Mar 13, 2010 at 5:26:57 pm

one more thing ... on the hard drive where I have my media everything else is still there...

thank you

Return to posts index

paula tanti
Re: FCP file won't open while others do and lost media
on Mar 13, 2010 at 8:33:49 pm

I am finding out more as we go along... It looks like the hard drive the media on is dying slowing. I disk utilitied it and it refused to repair it warning me to back everything and re format as quickly as possible. i am currently doing that but i am still totally intrigued as to why my FCP file is refusing to open. ALL of them even ones I TIME back up months ago. All copies of this monumental work is refusing to open and the first files to die in the dying hard drive (which is not where all the scattered copies of the FCP file is) are the ones associated with this file !!

I have not got the media backed up because of its volume but the FCP files !!! All of them ???

I had my mother board changed a few weeks back but the other FCP files all open fine? ! I mean even the autosave files... It keep telling me that it must have been made in a newer version..

Also right before my eyes the media folder (on the dodgy drive) just disappears and re appears again...
and it looks like the media really is not there...when I do info and calculate file sizes... it just is not there..

this is too wierd... any one please...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]