COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vincent Strader
HDV issue not covered
on Mar 12, 2010 at 9:44:07 pm

FCP 7.0.1
JVC BR-HD50 deck
GY HD110 camera

Most of my footage captures pretty well. I don't like how HDV auto captures though because it misses part of the video I'd like to have captured. It irritates me when I see the capture window say, "Searching for time code" while the capture window is up and the video is playing past the point I want to have captured.

So I either manually capture and try to stop it before the next frame (before the capture auto stops), or I log and capture.

I'm having an extremely irritating situation now.

I have all my footage logged. One source is dropping down 2 video sources for 1 I-O log.. sorry I'm so irritated I can't think right now.

So I manually capture.. same thing. 2 parts of video drop down in the bin. But both parts of the video are missing what I need.

It's such a stupid situation I'd have to video tape it to show you what I mean but I don't have time.

There is no time code break or any other issues with time code.

I've trashed my prefs and plist and rebooted. Nothing helps.

The time code stays perfect while being played back in the camera, and in my deck.

Is there another setting I can mess with>

I've changed my capture setting to HDV Basic, nothing worked.

After I post this I'm going to try to capture in Imovie.

This is the second time I've had this issue in 2 days and I've had to retape.

Somebody in another forum mentioned how glitchy HDV is, I'm starting to see what they meant.

Return to posts index

Vincent Strader
Re: HDV issue not covered
on Mar 12, 2010 at 10:09:47 pm

I CHEATED!!!! :)

I disconnected my deck.

Hooked up my camera to the apple.

Opened up Imovie and capture it from there with no problems.

Then imported the file into my HDV project.

Thank GOD for the simple things of Apple.

But if anybody has a fix for the issue (if I didn't have Imovie) I would still appreciate suggestions.

Sorry for my irritation,
Vinnie

Return to posts index

Scott Sheriff
Re: HDV issue not covered
on Mar 13, 2010 at 1:29:28 am

I've been using this same set up for over two years and don't seem to have this problem, and there are plenty of folks that are happy with the 110/FCP combo. But yet there are some others having a lot of problems.
This topic has been covered a lot in various forums including the Cows HDV, JVC, and FCP, as well as DVinfo, so there is no shortage of material on the subject. But here is a link to a thread from a couple of weeks ago you might be interested in.

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/8/1076408#1076572

Scott Sheriff
Director
SST Digital Media
http://www.sstdigitalmedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]