FORUMS: list search recent posts

BAD DAY-Constant crashing

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob O'Brien
BAD DAY-Constant crashing
on Mar 12, 2010 at 4:30:06 pm

My project keeps crashing... even when I open it up without my media drive connected. Seems like if I click around a few times, or slide the timeline along, it crashes.

A already copy and pasted the timeline and browser into a new project and have saved. That project crashes too.

This originally started happening on my G5, running Tiger and FCP6. So, I copied my project folder over to my MacBook Pro running SL and FCP7. Same thing!

Thoughts? Thanks!

Bob O'Brien

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: BAD DAY-Constant crashing
on Mar 12, 2010 at 4:42:08 pm

Sort of an odd one, eh? Here's a shot in the dark:

There are media files actually contained in the project file itself... maybe there's something there that's corrupt. Text, graphics, even bars and tone are actually stored in the project file. Basically anything that is generated from FCP.

You likely have some corruption in that project file at any rate.

Have you tried any of your autosaves or backups? maybe going back and rebuilding a bit will fix you up here. Obviously this same file worked in the past...

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Mar 12, 2010 at 4:54:33 pm

Export your timeline as XML and open that... Worth a shot, anyway.

Return to posts index

Wayne Carey
on Mar 12, 2010 at 5:24:44 pm

Here's a commercial ad for you....

Try Digital Rebellion's FCS Maintenance Pack. It contains a program called Corrupt Clip Finder and also Project Repair. It is very well worth the $129 for the software. Its saved my butt a few times already.

Wayne Carey
Schazam Productions
http://web.mac.com/schazamproductions
schazamproductions@mac.com

Return to posts index

Bob O'Brien
on Mar 12, 2010 at 6:24:24 pm

Thanks all for taking the time to help.

I went back to the G5 since that's where the first problem popped up. I managed to get project to open. Since it was already rendered, without clicking anything, I exported a movie of the timeline. Now at least I have my work saved, and I can move forward in a new project file. If they want changes... well, we'll cross that bridge if we come to it.

Thanks.

Bob O'Brien

CAMERAS
Sony EX3 & Sony DXC637/PVV3 Betacam-SP

PORTABLE EDITING
*MacBook Pro - 2.33Ghz - 2Gb RAM
*Matrox MXO / 23" Cinema Display

DESKTOP
*DualG5 2Ghz w/2.5Gb RAM
*UL4D SCSI Card
*HMV800 DualMax RAID0
*AJA IO
*Sony 2800

SOFTWARE
*OSX10.4.11, QT 7.5, FCP 6.0.4, Livetype 2.1.3, Soundtrack Pro 2.0.2, DVDSP4.2.1, Adobe CS3 Prod Suite

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]