FORUMS: list search recent posts

Duration info for multiple files

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Beickert
Duration info for multiple files
on Mar 10, 2010 at 5:26:02 pm

I want to know how long a group of videos might be, for example I have a shoot that happened at one specific event, I want to highlight all the shots from that event within the Finder window, and see what the TOTAL duration is of ALL those files.. In Avid there is a way to see the duration etc for multiple files. I can only see the duration within the info column to the right for EACH clip specifically.. I want to know if there is a shortcut key or way to basically add all those numbers up quickly of highlighted files and give me a Total Run Time of all of them.. without me breaking out a calculator or adding them in my head, or even worse having to drop them all into a timeline and look at the TRT of the sequence.

I know its a small thing, but if there is an answer that I am just not seeing then it would really help a lot in this documentary we are shooting to speed up the workflow of guessing how long it will take to watch down footage etc.

Return to posts index

Nira Burstein
Re: Duration info for multiple files
on Mar 11, 2010 at 11:07:55 am

If you have fcp, you can drag all the files from the browser into the timeline. (Select All or drag mouse)
It may take time to load, but the end point of all clips will be the exact length.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]