FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flash Animations received at 10fps

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeffrey Lonigro
Flash Animations received at 10fps
on Mar 9, 2010 at 12:50:19 pm

I am compositing some blue screen footage with some Flash animation. I had the Flash artist render out the work at 1280x720 Animation codec 30fps. What I got was everything but the frame rate. It says 10fps in FCP. Is this correct, and or is tis going to work?

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Flash Animations received at 10fps
on Mar 9, 2010 at 1:50:58 pm

If your sequence is 30fps, a 10fps animation will look very choppy.
Rafael.

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Mar 9, 2010 at 3:03:27 pm

In my experience, most Flash animators work at 10 or 12fps. He probably used the default by mistake. You might try to change the frame rate with Compressor. Be sure to turn on Frame Controls and select best for rate-conversion. 10 to 30 is a big jump, so it still might not look very smooth.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.1, Motion 4.0.1, Comp 3.5.1, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.1)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 9, 2010 at 4:27:52 pm

[Jeffrey Lonigro] "...I had the Flash artist render out the work at 1280x720 Animation codec 30fps. What I got was everything but the frame rate. It says 10fps in FCP...."

So tell your Flash animator to kindly remove his or her head from a certain revolting posterior orifice and re-do the work, this time in your delivery specifications.

There's no reason why you should have to work around something like this when it can -- and should -- be fixed.

And since we're on the topic of frame rates, I have fundamental doubts that you want the animation delivered at 30fps. I expect you REALLY want it delivered at 29.97, right?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Mar 9, 2010 at 4:53:17 pm

I agree with Dave.
For an animation 10 or 12 fps is OK, but if you have to compose it with video, won't work.
Tell your animator to export with the same time-base than you intend deliver.
And if you are ending interlaced, ask interlaced.
Rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]