FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multiplied PSD Layers in FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick de Teliga
Multiplied PSD Layers in FCP
on Mar 9, 2010 at 5:14:37 am

Hello

Whenever I import a layered PSD (CS4) file into FCP (6.0.6), the multiplied layers always seem to gain black lined edges, plus more artifact-like effects on the layer.

In the original PSD sequence in FCP (the PSD file turns into a sequence once imported into FCP), this doesn't happen, the layer looks exactly the same as it does in the original.

But........... as I need to animate these psd files, I need to drop them into the timeline with all the other media. Thats when the 'black edge' effect comes out. I usually create a whole other sequence for doing the animation, then i nest it and so forth... either way i cant get rid of the 'black line' effect.

When I render the sequence, the black lines are still there. When I export it, the same thing happens.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

What can I do to prevent it?

Usually i try to figure out ways to import the psd files with no multiplied layers, but thats a pain in the arse, i have to fool around with the psd files forever to do that.

Help?!

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Multiplied PSD Layers in FCP
on Mar 9, 2010 at 2:38:58 pm

[Patrick de Teliga] "Whenever I import a layered PSD (CS4) file into FCP (6.0.6), the multiplied layers...."
What do you mean, that you have layers with "Multiplying blending mode"?
FC can not manage well the PS blending modes (SHAKE can do it).
Rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Patrick de Teliga
on Mar 9, 2010 at 9:53:41 pm

Thats exactly what I mean. Anyway around the fact that I'll get those 'black edges'?

Even if i multiply them in fcp, in the composite mode menu, I'll still get the 'black edges' around the layer

Thanks
P

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Mar 10, 2010 at 1:29:48 am

Crop in FC.
Rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

matthew bradshaw
on Mar 9, 2010 at 4:28:28 pm

A Google search reveals lots about this. FCP does not like pre-multiplied edges. In PS you can choose layer > matting > remove black or you can put your animations through some other programme first and change the alpha to straight.
Hope this helps, Matt.

Return to posts index

Gwen Schroeder
on Aug 3, 2011 at 4:41:04 pm

It's been a while... did you ever figure this out without using another program, Patrick?

I'm having the same trouble with the black edges.

Thanks,
Gwen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]