FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final cut pro multiclip audio

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gearojd O Riain
Final cut pro multiclip audio
on Mar 8, 2010 at 10:09:12 am

Hi
I recorded a school musical with 2 cameras. cam 1 was connected to the sound desk and cam 2 took sound from it's own mic. How do I see both audio sources in a multiclip. I would like to mix them or use both of them in the sequence. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Edward Kulzer
Re: Final cut pro multiclip audio
on Mar 8, 2010 at 5:21:13 pm

When you've your multiclip loaded in the Viewer, I believe it's either in the "Playhead Sync" center button on the top of the Viewer or the right-most "Image / Wireframe" button; you specify for the multiclip whether you want to switch between Vid / Aud/ or both Vid and Audio angles upon switching the angles of your multiclip.

Return to posts index

Gearojd O Riain
on Mar 8, 2010 at 10:39:09 pm

Thanks for your reply. I tried that but it doesn\'t address what I\'m trying to do. Is it possible to see the audio tracks from both sources (sound desk and mic) when I put the multiclip into the timeline so that I can adjust levels or mix them rather than having only one or the other by doing what you suggest in the viewer?

Return to posts index

Paul Hawke-Williams
on Mar 9, 2010 at 5:39:24 pm

Hi there!

I've just had a play with it and it seems you can't have all the audio tracks appear in the timeline for a two shot edit with each shot having only stereo audio.
You may be able to merge the audio from one clip with the other and then use that as the master audio? I think there is a function within FCP to be able to merge audio and video tracks in the browser - primarily there for film and field audio recording but I'm sure it will work for your case.
Export the sound only from one of the clips, reimport it into the browser, mark a synchronisation point in the audio and second clip, select both, click on MERGE CLIPS in the modify menu.
That will give you the main clip with 4 tracks of audio which you can then use as a part of your multiclip file, making sure to set it to switch only the video.

Hope that helps!
Paul

Paul Hawke-Williams
http://www.macguruwales.co.uk
Media Trainer - Mac Support - Video Production

Return to posts index

Gearojd O Riain
on Mar 9, 2010 at 9:29:27 pm

Hello
Thanks for the reply. I'll have a go at that and see what happens.

Gearóid Ó Riain

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]