FORUMS: list search recent posts

exporting clips from different FCP sequences, through quicktime, for the web

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aylam Orian
exporting clips from different FCP sequences, through quicktime, for the web
on Mar 7, 2010 at 6:58:53 am

Hi there,

i am trying to create video clips for my website. The original footage comes from different sources, such as quicktime movs, DV clips, clips on DVD's, etc. I am importing them all to my FCP, editing them, and then want to export them as quicktime files for the web.

so first, when opening a sequence for each of them, should i stay with the original settings of each clip, or make all the sequences the best quality possible, which is as i understand, Uncompressed 10-bit 4:2:2 ? ( an editor i worked with before, has turned some of the DV clips for example, into Uncompressed 8-bit 4:2:2). what would be the best quality when i later export these clips as quicktime movs ?

then, should i leave the frame size as 720 x 480 (NTSC DV 3:2), or go with 720 x 486 (CCIR 601 NTSC 40:27) ? and should i choose Uncompressed 8-bit or 10-bit ? again, in the clips he made, he changed the DV/DVC Pro NTSC setting into Uncompressed 8-bit, and the DV 720 x 480 frame size to 720 x 486 CCIR 601 NTSC (40:27).

and finally, when i try to export the edited clips using Quicktime conversion (for web delivery), and tell the system to restrict the data rate to 600 kbits/sec (that's what i was told to do, as a common data rate for most viewers), FCP ignores this restriction and makes the clips whatever data rate it wants... (like 1500 for example). is this a bug in my FCP, or am i doing something wrong ?

thanks a lot !! I really appreciate any help.

Aylam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]