FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transcode NTSC to PAL

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rui Coutinho
Transcode NTSC to PAL
on Mar 6, 2010 at 3:29:10 pm

Hi !!
I have Digibeta tape with NTSC SD footage to edit with my SD PAL sequence - will be played out to a Digibeta SD PAL tape in the end.

at the moment I dont have two decks to dub the tape...

So I have to do it by transcoding the tape.

What´s the best way to do it in FCP ??

Cheers!!!

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Transcode NTSC to PAL
on Mar 6, 2010 at 5:49:06 pm

1). Best way is to send it to a dub house to be dubbed through a hardware standards converter.

2) if 1 is not an option, capture as NTSC, then use Compressor (Advanced Format Conversions) and choose a preset that matches your timeline codec setting. Be sure to turn on the Frame Controls in the inspector and set the resize and rate conversion to better or best quality. This can be a lengthy transcode , so test a short section to see if you are happy with the results.

3). If 1or 2 don't work for you, purchase the Standards Conversion plug in from www. nattress.com

4) if all else fails, edit with Avid Media Composer v4.x, which can do this coversion (and all other coversions) quite nicely in the timeline.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Mar 6, 2010 at 5:49:31 pm

1). Best way is to send it to a dub house to be dubbed through a hardware standards converter.

2) if 1 is not an option, capture as NTSC, then use Compressor (Advanced Format Conversions) and choose a preset that matches your timeline codec setting. Be sure to turn on the Frame Controls in the inspector and set the resize and rate conversion to better or best quality. This can be a lengthy transcode , so test a short section to see if you are happy with the results.

3). If 1or 2 don't work for you, purchase the Standards Conversion plug in from www. nattress.com

4) if all else fails, edit with Avid Media Composer v4.x, which can do this conversion (and all other conversions) quite nicely in the timeline.

Return to posts index

Rui Coutinho
on Mar 10, 2010 at 11:28:23 am

Thanks a lot !!

Rui

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]