FORUMS: list search recent posts

DV - to Digital Betacam and FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ian haig
DV - to Digital Betacam and FCP
on Mar 6, 2010 at 8:06:25 am

Hi everyone,
I have a tight deadline to meet. I have a 50 min FCP project in DV-PAL (I am in Australia) the project looks fine on Mini DV, and when I turn it into a DVD, however I need to deliver it on Digital Betacam, I made a DV quicktime (using DV compression) and got a production house to transfer the file to digital betacam, however I wasn't happy with the results, it looks somewhat compressed and not like my DVD or Mini DV. I then remade the project into an uncompressed 10 bit movie and got this transfered to digi betacam, it seems to have field problems. I know DV PAL uses lower fields and Digi Beta upper ? Anyway I am not sure what to do ? should I just make an uncompressed 10 bit file with NO Fields selected and try this ? or I am now thinking maybe I just transfer my MINI DV master to Digital Betacam, if so would I notice a loss in quality from the mini DV ?
thanks so much for any help
ian

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: DV - to Digital Betacam and FCP
on Mar 6, 2010 at 3:28:01 pm

Transfer the Mini DV tape directly. it's the same quality as your original sequence.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]