FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Media Offline", corrupt files? HELP!!!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Evans
"Media Offline", corrupt files? HELP!!!
on Mar 5, 2010 at 4:11:34 pm

Hey guys,

ok so this is my BIG problem...I was in charge of editing a video for my aunt and uncles anniversary. So I uploaded the footage I had from my Sony HDR-XR100 Handycam, onto my Macbook PRO on FINAL CUT PRO 6.0.6.

Everything worked fine. I managed to edit a vast majority of the clips. THEN...everything started to freeze frequently, and I had to re-do my project over, and over again.

FINALLY, one day it just all crashed...all the files went bad, saying "Media Offline" and things just went haywire.

Basically, my questions are...

1) I NEED these files back :( how can I recover them???

2) Why do you think this happened!? "Media Offline", etc.

Also, when I plug my scratch drive (a 120GB Western Digital drive), sometimes nothing comes up. I know the files are still on there, its just...corrupt? Not recognizing?

Anyways, SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is really important and any help would be amazing. THANK YOU!

Return to posts index

Alan Okey
Re: "Media Offline", corrupt files? HELP!!!
on Mar 5, 2010 at 9:19:37 pm

Right-click (or control-click) on an offline clip either in the timeline or the browser and choose "reconnect media." When the reconnect dialog box pops up, click "search" and FCP should find the missing files.

Return to posts index

Christopher Evans
Re: "Media Offline", corrupt files? HELP!!!
on Mar 5, 2010 at 9:27:23 pm

this is also the problem..

the files are not there! well, they are, its just not being recognized! I have tried to reconnect the files, but when i tell it to "search the drive" or whatever, it comes up as nothing!

ugh.

Return to posts index

Richard Brooks
Re: "Media Offline", corrupt files?
on Sep 15, 2010 at 2:38:33 pm

Every final cut has an autosave vault, try their

also try not searching and clicking find where you manually find where you originally imported the video from

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]