FORUMS: list search recent posts

text crawl problem

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
roberto yambo
text crawl problem
on Mar 5, 2010 at 4:03:25 pm

I have a project that has a crawl at the bottom of it. In FCP it looks great but when I export using Apple Pro Res 422 HQ or H.264 the crawl doesnt look clean everything else looks great though. What type of compression should I being using?

Thank u

Return to posts index

Mark Petereit
Re: text crawl problem
on Mar 5, 2010 at 5:13:22 pm

What is your final destination? Web? Broadcast? DVD? DV? HD?

Return to posts index

roberto yambo
on Mar 5, 2010 at 5:17:45 pm

SD BROADCAST

Return to posts index

roberto yambo
on Mar 5, 2010 at 5:19:06 pm

I have changed the field dominance of my sequence settings as well. I also tried doing the crawl in Photoshop to still the same problem.

Return to posts index

Mark Petereit
on Mar 5, 2010 at 5:23:57 pm

What are you viewing the output on?

Return to posts index

roberto yambo
on Mar 5, 2010 at 5:40:10 pm

Im viewing it on my mac Im not looking at it on a monitor

Return to posts index

Alan Smith
on Mar 5, 2010 at 6:24:04 pm

So you have HD footage with a scrolling text that you are outputting to SD?

If so, you will need to view it on a SD monitor to know if it is correct of not. The SD is going to be a lower res video, interlaced and you are watching it on a high res progressive display. You will see artifacts that should not show up on a SD monitor. The only way to know for sure is to view the finished piece on an SD production monitor.

Alan Smith
Media317

Check out my blog - http://media317.com

Return to posts index

roberto yambo
on Mar 5, 2010 at 6:32:24 pm

my footage is SD, I have a Small plasma I wanted to hook up as a monitor but I dont know how, I am pretty new to the editing game.

Return to posts index

Mark Petereit
on Mar 5, 2010 at 6:25:39 pm

First rule of production for SD broadcast: you need to view your output from a SD broadcast card on a SD broadcast monitor.

Return to posts index

roberto yambo
on Mar 5, 2010 at 6:34:55 pm

Thanks by SD card do you mean like an AJA Box? I am new to the game and I am working on a small budget. I use a macbook pro 17' and I have no output monitor at the moment.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 5, 2010 at 7:53:54 pm

[roberto yambo] "I use a macbook pro 17' and I have no output monitor at the moment."

Then you have no way to judge the quality of your video. To compensate, you can author a DVD and look at it on a TV set using a DVD player.

Too much trouble? Then take your chances, pal, and pray to God it's right.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Mark Petereit
on Mar 5, 2010 at 8:34:46 pm

Dave's right (as usual.) Just because you can edit on a laptop doesn't mean you should. And really, there's nothing inherently wrong with editing on a laptop -- just realize that if you're producing a piece for broadcast, you're never going to know how it really looks until you move it to a desktop system equipped with a broadcast video card and broadcast monitor.

Another thing you'll probably need to be aware of is making sure your piece is broadcast-safe. There's a very real possibility that you could deliver your final product to the broadcaster and have them simply reject it because it's beyond broadcast legal limits.

Ask your broadcaster for their technical submission guidelines (they're different for every broadcaster) and follow them to the letter. If you don't understand something in their specs, ask here.

Return to posts index

roberto yambo
on Mar 5, 2010 at 9:03:22 pm

Thank you for great wisedom gentlemen, thats why I come here.

Thank you so much for your help

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]