FORUMS: list search recent posts

2nd Monitor for my Macbook Pro

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jay Soriano
2nd Monitor for my Macbook Pro
on Mar 4, 2010 at 10:15:33 pm

I'm looking for an LCD to act as my 2nd monitor for a dual monitor setup to my Macbook Pro 15". I'm wondering what size other Macbook Pro users are using to spread out their FCP windows? I'm debating between real estate vs. portability so anywhere between a 15-24" monitor. I'm also wondering if a computer LCD or HDTV LCD would matter? I would think not as this is just for FCP editing and not video monitoring.

Also, would possibly be using Apple Color. My Macbook Pro is only 1440x900 and Color requires a minimum 1680x1050.

I've checked the forums and seen LCD recommendations. But I'm just simply wanting to hear Macbook Pro FCP user experience on size and the use of a computer LCD vs. an HDTV LCD as a second monitor.

thanks,

Jay

Final Cut Studio 3
2008 Macbook Pro 15" 2.5GHz
Sony PVM-14L5

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: 2nd Monitor for my Macbook Pro
on Mar 4, 2010 at 10:40:24 pm

If you are using it as a computer monitor get a computer monitor. 23/24" are nice, if you get a good one (about $400-500 these days) you use that as the main and the MPB screen as the second.

my 2 cents

Return to posts index

Robb Harriss
on Mar 5, 2010 at 2:48:09 am

I like using the 23-in Mac Cinema display, and at home I have a 23-in Samsung, which doesn't have color that's as good. I use the latter only for editing and not finishing or in the grading process.

Non-linear: all the time and nothing but.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Mar 6, 2010 at 11:52:50 am

I just bought a Dell U2410 for my MBP and is great.
Rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Trevor Ward
on Nov 25, 2010 at 2:36:55 pm

Jay, what did you end up doing?

I'm in the same boat. I've been editing on my 15" MBP too long. Color doesn't like it. I can't afford a VIDEO monitor and MXO 2 Mini to do "proper" monitoring. I figure a 2nd monitor will at least make my working experience better.

But do I go with computer monitor or 1920x1080 HDTV? I figure if I go the TV route, I can later buy an mxo2 mini and then I've got either a screen OR a video monitor.

-trevor ward
Red Eye Film Co.
http://www.redeyefilmco.com
orlando, fl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]