FORUMS: list search recent posts

Batch Changing Settings

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Cotter
Batch Changing Settings
on Mar 4, 2010 at 2:09:08 pm

Hello...

I have about a dozen different sequences and within those are several hundred clips and nests of clips. Im curious if there is a way to change the sequence settings of all the clips at once? Or if the only way is to go clip by clip... I need to export each clip independently for loading back into a media server and the original editor used PhotoJPG vs. Apple Pro Res 4444 as we need the alpha transparency...

Or is there a way to edit them via XML.

Thanks in advance.

Matthew Cotter

Return to posts index

Ben Turze
Re: Batch Changing Settings
on Mar 9, 2010 at 6:09:10 pm

Hi Matthew,

Did you have any luck finding a way to do this? I have about a million and one sequences that I need to change the compressor for, so if you have found a way you'll save me hours!

Thanks

Ben

Return to posts index

Matthew Cotter
on Mar 9, 2010 at 6:27:51 pm

Sadly, I have not... alas, Im stuck doing it by hand... one quick way is by creating a "sequence preset" and then quickly loading it, however, it still requires me to open up the sequence settings on each clip....

Still looking....

M

Return to posts index

Ben Turze
on Mar 9, 2010 at 6:30:18 pm

Darn - never mind, I guess I'll just have to stop being lazy!

Thanks though, will let you know if I find anything.

Ben

Return to posts index

Stuart Paciej
on Apr 25, 2010 at 3:52:43 pm

You could modify one clip then whilst its still selected find 'Make Favorite Motion' under 'effects', you can then select all and drag this effect onto any clip and it should change everything - this is probably only going to work if all your clips share the same dimensions and aspect ration though!

Or, if you select a clip that has the right settings, copy it, then select the other clips and ctrl+click choose 'paste attributes' it will bring up a dialogue of all your motion options. (So far I've only tried this on individual clips though but I dont see why it would do batches.)

Stuart

Return to posts index

Ben Turze
on Apr 26, 2010 at 11:22:11 am

Hi Stuart,

This only works when applying attributes to specified clips within your project. I think Matthew was after the same thing as I was, which is to be able to batch modify the 'sequence settings' i.e. compressor, frame size, pixel aspect etc - for several sequences rather than modifying clip settings.

There doesn't appear to be a way to do this other than loading sequence settings one sequence at a time. The copy attributes though, as you mention, certainly does work for multiple clips but again as you rightly state, the final result of this will depend on the sizes/aspect ratio of your copied clip and the clip(s) you wish to paste to.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]