FORUMS: list search recent posts

exporting audio for M & E

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary Caganoff
exporting audio for M & E
on Mar 4, 2010 at 6:24:53 am

Hi,

I need a bit of help. Looking for a work-flow for getting my 50 min doco to digibeta using the four sound tracks for different audio:

Tracks 1&2: Full Mix Stereo Left & Right.
Tracks 3&4: Mix minus narration (undipped) Left & Right

The doco was shot on DVCam Anamorphic and in FCP as DV Anamorphic PAL codec. Fully graded and mixed and ready to go. After reading a few of the forums here I realise now I could have taken it to uncompressed 8 bit before the grade and graphics. Short of going back and doing that again can I just convert the entire sequence to uncompressed? Or will there be no difference in quality? Shall I just export as it is?

So to get to a QT file that can be used to dump the programme onto digibeta I need four sound tracks. I understand how to get these together in FCP but not how to export them so the one QT file has them all in their respective channels along with the video.

Any help much appreciated,

Gary

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: exporting audio for M & E
on Mar 4, 2010 at 9:09:43 pm

In the FCP sequence prefs you have options for multiple audio outputs. Choose 4 track (dual stereo) and then in the sequence patch the audio outputs so the tracks don't mix.

Right mouse click near the lock on each track and a dialog box will pop up to send the track patch as either 1&2 out or 3&4 out. Make sure each stereo mix is panned hard L&R

Return to posts index

Gary Caganoff
on Mar 4, 2010 at 10:52:04 pm

Thanks Michael,

Very helpful.

Just to clarify the 'panning' do I need to go back to the original sequences and adjust pan in all the clips? Most panned to 0 (mono I expect) and others are OK. Or can I do the panning in the advanced sequence where the three original sequences are embedded and audio is two tracks?

Gary

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Mar 4, 2010 at 10:56:03 pm

I was just referring to the panning in the final mix stereo files. No need to do anything in the original sequences if you have the mix already done.

Return to posts index

Gary Caganoff
on Mar 5, 2010 at 12:00:30 am

Terrific. Thanks Michael.

Gary

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]