FORUMS: list search recent posts

690 Clips workflow

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Russell Bramlett
690 Clips workflow
on Mar 3, 2010 at 5:54:36 pm

Hello,

Trying to previsualize a workflow for a project.

I have 690 clips to set I/O points to, key green screen, and save out for batch compression to separate web movies. Each movie will be about 2 minutes long when done.

Choosing and repeating key filter settings seems straight forward, although unfortunately the green screen content was all shot 1080i.

Most important question may be, is there any way to "batch" out all the clips from the timeline to separate movies to go to compression?

Thanks,
Russell

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Jerry Hofmann
Re: 690 Clips workflow
on Mar 3, 2010 at 7:30:54 pm

Try file/batch export...

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

Russell Bramlett
on Mar 3, 2010 at 8:13:14 pm

Thanks Jerry, Been a snake it a bit me. Never came across this workflow need before...

Any suggestions for batch settings as source is xdcam 1080i and will eventually be compressed to flash?

Best,
Russell

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Mar 4, 2010 at 12:32:54 am

Do you need the alpha channel
out of fcp? If so you have to export with prores 4x4 and an alpha.

Return to posts index

Russell Bramlett
on Mar 10, 2010 at 7:32:46 pm

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your reply. When you say export useing "ProRes 4x4", can say more? Which choice is this

Given the fact that the footage was shot on a Sony EX3 at 1080/60i (interlaced), I presume this is a disadvantage in keying over full frame content (?)

And second, would you recommend that I render the footage out in the timeline in a ProRes codec I key it.

Then I presume your advice is to export useing "ProRes 4 x 4"? Pardon my newbie_ness.

Russell

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Mar 10, 2010 at 7:50:16 pm

[Russell Bramlett] " Which choice is this "

You need to have FCP7, and it's called ProRes 4444.

In order to export with an alpha, you need to choose the sequence codec as ProRes 4444 and choose the millions+ option for the alpha (click the advanced button).

Return to posts index

Russell Bramlett
on Mar 10, 2010 at 11:02:54 pm

Thanks Jeremy for the tip on Alpha channel export, very helpful!

As far as needing to green screen key also, can I presume you would recommend my keying I render the ProRes4444 timeline? .....given that I am starting with 1080/60i....does that follow logic?

Best,

Russell

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Mar 11, 2010 at 12:46:02 am

[Russell Bramlett] "does that follow logic? "

Not really. I'd just drop your clips in the 4444 timeline, do your key, don't rennder the timeline, but export with an alpha channel like we talked about before.

Make sense?

Return to posts index

Russell Bramlett
on Mar 11, 2010 at 3:28:10 am

Thanks Jeremy,

Yes, makes sense. I'l let you know when I test it.

Best,

Russell

Return to posts index

Russell Bramlett
on Mar 10, 2010 at 7:43:14 pm

Jeremy,
please see my recent post, and YES to the fact that I will need to export everything with an alpha channel.

Thanks,

Russell

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]