FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reconnecting Media File Attribution Mismatch

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryan Less
Reconnecting Media File Attribution Mismatch
on Mar 3, 2010 at 2:44:27 am

ello all.

I recently tried to reconnect files in a sequence that I edited a little over a year ago. Upon reconnecting I got the "File Attribute Mismatch - media Start and End" dialogue box. I selected continue and the files reconnected but the in and out points were off. No matter where I put the original clips and reconnected to them the in and outs were still off. These files originated as P2 files. One option I tried was to opened Long and Transfer and then loaded the P2 card file associated with the clip. I then selected the clip in the browser and selected batch capture. The clip reconnected but the in and out points were still off.

I think I edited this sequence using FCP 6. I'm now using FCP 7.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Return to posts index

Jessica Continenza
Re: Reconnecting Media File Attribution Mismatch
on Aug 18, 2010 at 11:34:32 pm

Hi there!

I'm having this exact problem, and wondering if you were ever able to get the project working properly in FCP7?

I've edited my project on my home computer which is running FCP6, and have now brought it into work, which only runs FCP7.

Thanks for your time,
~Jessica

Return to posts index

Bryan Less
on Aug 19, 2010 at 6:45:28 pm

Jessica

The leader of my local FCPUG said it sounds like the MXF files are reading different from FCP 6 to 7? No duh! I'm not sure I'm satisfied with that answer but it's all I've received. I even took this question to NAB with me this year thinking one of the FCP workshop experts would know. But I didn't get an answer, just weird looks.

I have two systems at my place of work so if it's necessary that I work on a project done in FCP 6 I'll load it back to that machine.

Sorry this was no help to you. At the time this was a very frustrating problem for me. Please let me know if you get a different opinion.

Bryan

Return to posts index

Jessica Continenza
on Aug 19, 2010 at 8:59:33 pm

Alrighty! Thanks a bunch for your feedback! I'll definitely keep you posted if I find out anything else. :)

Return to posts index

Chris Bauman
on Jul 22, 2011 at 2:36:39 am

This is an old thread, but apparently Apple hasn't addressed the issue. While researching a similar problem, I found a fix thanks to a discussion on Apple's site:

The best way I've found to share a project is to make sure the file directory structure and drive name match exactly on both systems. That way there are no reconnect issues at all. Cloning the drive is the easiest way to do it and then simply rename the drive to match the original drive. I usually add an x to the end of the drive name so that there are no problems caused by having to identical drives on the same system. And then I remove the x from the drive name when I connect the drive to the other system (but before I launch fcp).

This instantly fixed the problem for me. I didn't even clone the drive – I just changed the drive's name. Not sure why FCP thinks the rate has changed when all I did was copy the file...!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]