FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems Reconnecting ProRes Multiclips

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Shott
Problems Reconnecting ProRes Multiclips
on Mar 2, 2010 at 1:40:00 am

Hey everyone,

Are there any known issues with reconnecting ProRes multiclips? We've been doing all our sohws recently in 1080i 29.97 DVCPRO HD, but for a current show we're doing multicam shoots and capturing everything in 525 29.97 Apple ProRes 422.

I've gone through and built the multiclips like I always did for HD. To allow a writer to work with the footage I've copied the media to a firewire drive and went to reconnect the media in the project. I've never had issues with this before, but for this series I'm getting the following error message when reconnecting the multiclips:

"One or more files did not have enough media to reconnect some clips. Some edited clip items have had their out point adjusted."

When the clips do reconnect the multicips are all thrown way off. Does anyone know what might be causing this? Could it be something with ProRes? That's the only difference in this process that I've done plenty of times before.

We're using FCP 6.0.6
Thanks!
Dan

Update 1: I found I can generate that error message by reconnecting to the same media, it doesn't even have to be a copy/on a different drive.

Return to posts index

Chris Guevarra
Re: Problems Reconnecting ProRes Multiclips
on May 7, 2010 at 8:26:06 pm

I just ran into the same problem using Final Cut Pro 5. Does anyone have a solution or an idea of why this happens? Thanks!

Thanks,
Chris Guevarra
massmovementtv.blogspot.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]