FORUMS: list search recent posts

Producing and editing a video

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fredy Schwerdtner
Producing and editing a video
on Feb 28, 2010 at 10:31:57 pm

Hi guys …
I've been posting and reading posts at creative cow for a while … Now, I need help in a situation and I don't know in which forum I should post but as I already have had many help here I decided to make it where I more or less have exchange informations and knowledge.
Last year I took a job for editing a series of videos on food recipes (215 videos) and also did the direction on 25 of them. I did the edition of video and sound, compression for web, click the red icon written "Filme" on the link to watch one of them - http://tvcozinhando.uol.com.br/index.php?miolo=receita&id=35&area=&tid=
and DVD and I also author the DVD Collection (18). It ended up a good job.
A brazilian Chef (friend of a friend) that works in Italy liked the job and as next year will be celebrated as Friendship Year of Brazil and Italy (I don't know if I could name it that way in english … loll ), he is planning to do the same kind of videos showing the cuisine of Italy and Brazil.
Those videos I've mentioned before were shot DV - SD - 16x9.
Now I'm planning to shoot in HDV. It is not a very wealthy production. Two cameras and a led lighting kit. The producers are estimating 20 days of work in Italy.

My main questions are:

- Does anybody know a person in Italy that could help me on the questions below ?
- I guess it would be better renting the equipment in Italy than rent here in Brazil and transport them. Right ?
- Where could I find the price for that ?
- Should I use card or tape recording ?
- How much would cost me a cameraman for one day of work ?

Thanks guys in advance.
Fredy.

MacBook Pro 17"
2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
(2) External HD LaCieMac (400/800 FW and USB)with 500GB -(2) USB External HD Western Digital (in cases) with 750GB
OS X 10.5.7
Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Producing and editing a video
on Feb 28, 2010 at 10:43:07 pm

I've worked with Crew Connection. They're good people. I'm sure they can answer your questions. For comparison there are other similar companies such as Crews Control.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.1, Motion 4.0.1, Comp 3.5.1, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.1)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]