Hi guys …
I've been posting and reading posts at creative cow for a while … Now, I need help in a situation and I don't know in which forum I should post but as I already have had many help here I decided to make it where I more or less have exchange informations and knowledge.
Last year I took a job for editing a series of videos on food recipes (215 videos) and also did the direction on 25 of them. I did the edition of video and sound, compression for web, click the red icon written "Filme" on the link to watch one of them - http://tvcozinhando.uol.com.br/index.php?miolo=receita&id=35&area=&tid=
and DVD and I also author the DVD Collection (18). It ended up a good job.
A brazilian Chef (friend of a friend) that works in Italy liked the job and as next year will be celebrated as Friendship Year of Brazil and Italy (I don't know if I could name it that way in english … loll ), he is planning to do the same kind of videos showing the cuisine of Italy and Brazil.
Those videos I've mentioned before were shot DV - SD - 16x9.
Now I'm planning to shoot in HDV. It is not a very wealthy production. Two cameras and a led lighting kit. The producers are estimating 20 days of work in Italy.
My main questions are:
- Does anybody know a person in Italy that could help me on the questions below ?
- I guess it would be better renting the equipment in Italy than rent here in Brazil and transport them. Right ?
- Where could I find the price for that ?
- Should I use card or tape recording ?
- How much would cost me a cameraman for one day of work ?
Thanks guys in advance.
MacBook Pro 17"
2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
(2) External HD LaCieMac (400/800 FW and USB)with 500GB -(2) USB External HD Western Digital (in cases) with 750GB
OS X 10.5.7
Final Cut Studio 2