FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Editing Deck question

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael DiLieto
Sony Editing Deck question
on Feb 27, 2010 at 7:18:43 am

Hello,

I am trying to capture into FCP from a DVCAM tape using an old Sony DSR-80 editing deck. It doesnt have firewire output, but the unit is in good shape.

If I connected it to a DSR-11 that had a bad drum and wasnt worth anything, could I tether the DSR-80 to the DSR-11 and then go "OUT" via IEEE to my MAC?

In other words, would the signal be able to be passed through by connecting both units through either their 9 pin remote connectors or one of the other outputs?

I did find a piece of equipment that could make the DSR-80 able to send the tape signal to the MAC using a conversion box, but its about $1000.00 and not worth the purchase. I dont know of any other way to accomplish my task so that is why I am posting this ridiculous question.

Thanks so much for any suggestions!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Sony Editing Deck question
on Feb 27, 2010 at 6:23:43 pm

Signal, yes. Deck control and therefore TIMECODE...no. I used this method to capture VHS tapes. Composite to composite, then via firewire to FCP. The best you will get with the DSR is S-Video. But it will work. Minus the timecode, which to many is pretty darn important.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]