FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cross Fade (+3dB)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Curry
Cross Fade (+3dB)
on Feb 27, 2010 at 6:36:48 am

Does anyone know of a way to "view" or access the parameters of the +3dB Cross fade between two audio clips? Loading into the viewer obviously doesn't work, so I'm wondering in what way the "curve" of a dissolve can be changed or modified within FCP without "roundtripping to Soundtrack? By the way, if this can be done in STP, what's the workflow? Bring the two clips in as a Multitrack or as single clips? Interested in any workaround that anyone knows of. Thanks.

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Michael Gissing
Re: Cross Fade (+3dB)
on Feb 27, 2010 at 8:22:16 pm

There is no adjustment of cross fade curves in FCP. It is not a sophisticated sound editing system.

If you need to finish the sound properly then exporting to a proper audio system is advised. STP is available and an improvement on FCP but there is always OMF to systems like Fairlight or ProTools. Actually Fairlights can now read XMLs from FCP.

Return to posts index

James Curry
on Mar 3, 2010 at 3:10:06 pm

I guess it's asking too much of FCP to be a sophisticated sound app considering it handles the job of video so well, but your right. If you want to finish sound properly it should be done in a proper app. Thanks Michael.

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Neal Broffman
on Feb 28, 2010 at 4:04:32 am

You could always put the audio on separate tracks in FCP and not use the cross fade preset.

Neal Broffman
One Production Place, Atlanta, GA
"Voices of Freedom", Special Jury winner for Fall 2008 CINE Awards produced for the High Museum of Art in Atlanta as part of a major exhibition of vintage Civil Rights Movement photographs, "Road To Freedom". Currently on display at The Field Musuem in Chicago followed by The Skirball Cultural Center in LA in the fall and The Bronx Museum, spring 2010.

Return to posts index

James Curry
on Mar 3, 2010 at 3:06:28 pm

It's funny that sometimes the simplest way to accomplish tasks in sophisticated hardware/software is the "old school" way. Don't know why I didn't think of that myself. Thanks Neal.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]