FORUMS: list search recent posts

PowerPoint presentation into Final Cut Pro?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Grim
PowerPoint presentation into Final Cut Pro?
on Feb 25, 2010 at 5:03:05 am

I have been a PC user for about 20 years but wish to change to an apple product such as an iMac and use Final Cut Pro. I want to know if my MS PowerPoint presentations (*.ppt files) can be brought into a mac and inserted into FCP. If not, can I create PowerPoint files using Office (2008) supplied by apple and bring these into FCP.

Thanks for any responses.

Paul Grim

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: PowerPoint presentation into Final Cut Pro?
on Feb 25, 2010 at 7:41:03 am

You cannot bring in .ppt files but you can export files into movies and then you have to convert those movies to a proper editing codec.

If this is a major thing for you you may want to take a look at keynote, Apple's presentation software. You have a lot more control over exporting movies, you can use any QT codec, so it is a one step process.

Return to posts index

Nicole Haddock
on Feb 25, 2010 at 5:20:34 pm

Another option is to export still files out of Power Point, or even better, Keynote. The iWork Suite is sold by Apple for $100 or so I think? And Keynote is worth the price of admission alone. It will auto-resize your slides for proper video dimensions. As a general rule, Power Point's default slide sizes are not video friendly especially when you consider that Video Safe is the inner 80% of the screen.

So the first step is to really make a slide template to work with FCP's settings (10x6.66inches for a slide dimension should work with DV size video- 720x480 pixels). Within that template, mark out title safe areas and make sure that all of your text, graphics, etc are inside of title safe, and then the next step would to be to export a movie file or graphics of your slide, then cut in FCP. Either PowerPoint or Keynote can be used, but Keynote has a reputation of being snazzier when it comes to transitions, animations and default tempaltes.

Return to posts index

Lisa Olshanski
on Apr 28, 2011 at 12:40:53 pm

I opened a Power Point presentation in Keynote and saved as a QT movie. In QT it looks fine but in FCP it's not looking too hot. I also made tiffs from Power Point and those look fine in the Viewer window but look bad when I put them on my 720X480 timeline. Please help!
Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]