FORUMS: list search recent posts

capture with cards

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
rui carvalho
capture with cards
on Feb 24, 2010 at 10:11:07 am

good morning
when I record with my camara sony hdv to compat flash card in it creates dv video files and when i import for final cut pro he needs to make render of audio why? someone help me? I record the sound to 48khz and the timeline is also 48khz because I render?
tanks

PPX

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: capture with cards
on Feb 24, 2010 at 2:18:21 pm

You are actually recording DV? Is it PAL? If so when you import these files to FCP, and you create a new sequence to edit with, don't you get the dialog box that asks you to conform the sequence to the clip's properties? When you do, you should just click yes, and all should not have to render.

This presumes you're using FCP 6 or 7 though. Are you?

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

rui carvalho
on Feb 24, 2010 at 6:53:19 pm

yes i am recording dv pal and i am using final cut seven whit all updates.. no when i trie to put de videos in sequence dont show any message but audio needs render i dont understand. can you help me please
tanks for your reply

PPX

Return to posts index

rui carvalho
on Feb 24, 2010 at 7:00:52 pm

I think I discovered the source of the problem but do not know how to solve it my camera recorded the audio rate 48khz but the audio format is 32 bit floating point and in the sequence i have 16 bitinteger. in sequence I cant put 32 bit floating that does not exist.. can i change the format and write to 16 bit integer in my camara? tanks

PPX

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
on Feb 24, 2010 at 7:37:52 pm

Well, you could export the audio files and make them all 16 bit.... i.e., it amounts to doing the rendering all at one time.

But that said, could you select a clip in your browser, then type cmd+9 to reveal it's properties, and post exactly what they are? Seems to me that your problem could be solved that way. Cameras don't record audio that FCP can't use directly as far as I know.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

rui carvalho
on Feb 25, 2010 at 2:17:14 pm

type - clip
creator - quick time player
size - 209 mb
tracks - 1v, 2a
vid rate - 25 fps
frame size 720 * 576
compressor - dv pal
data rate - 6.9 mb/sec
pixel aspect - pal - ccir 601
field dominance - lower
alpha - none/igone
composite - normal
audio - 1 stereo
audio rate - 48.0 khz
audio format 32 bit floating poit

tanks a lot

PPX

Return to posts index

rui carvalho
on Feb 26, 2010 at 9:18:44 am

Mostrar romanização
I have another doubt that I think I can help .. in final cut pro every time I put text on the timeline created in the final cut had to make render now formatted the computer and when I use text not need to render, there is any menu, preferences, cache, that from time to time we must erase to final cut be faster? tanks

PPX

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]