FORUMS: list search recent posts

stuttering images in the timeline infcp7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Barbara Kaminsky
stuttering images in the timeline infcp7
on Feb 23, 2010 at 11:18:49 pm

I'm working in fcp7 and when I edit images into the timeline that have been resized and cut into short segments the images stutter stop and play with stops and starts, when the sequence is converted to a quick time movie, there is no stuttering. We are shooting with an EX1 in HD and using xdcam clip browser to bring the clips in, we are using the sonyex1 codec. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: stuttering images in the timeline infcp7
on Feb 23, 2010 at 11:54:07 pm

Does the sequence settings match the codec? Is everything rendered? Does your easy setup match the sequence settings?

Return to posts index

Dave Bergan
on Feb 24, 2010 at 12:46:52 am

I have issues too, I have posted about it, I have read other posts about it, and there seems to be no answer. People mainly just say your drives aren't fast enough. I shoot and edit XDCAM EX 1080p30 and if I just lay video in the timeline everything is fine. Once I start adding graphics all hell breaks loose. Stuttering, dropped frames, it just won't play with any consistency. And this is a fully rendered, codec/sequence setting matching timeline. I have never had this problem before, even back in the day working on a Video Toaster 4000 with a DPS PAR card. If I convert the footage to ProRes it all plays fine, and any other codec works fine too.

I think there are issues with the XDCAM EX codec, but maybe just in Snow Leopard. I don't remember this happening with 6.0.6 and Leopard, but haven't rolled back to test the theory.

Are you on Snow Leopard with FC 7.0.1?

Dave

Return to posts index

Barbara Kaminsky
on Feb 24, 2010 at 2:03:51 am

Thank You ... I'll try pro res. I'm using Leopard and fcp 7.1.

Return to posts index

Barbara Kaminsky
on Feb 24, 2010 at 2:01:14 am

Yes everything matches!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]