FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fade out video filters?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad DeCecco
Fade out video filters?
on Feb 23, 2010 at 6:06:00 am

I assume I'm just lacking the proper vocabulary as I've searched the manual and tried searching online and am coming up empty-handed. I have the current FCP on a mac, all I want to do is have the video filter (in this case a strobe effect over a title card) fade out before the clip does. So I just want the title card to return to normal, as if there is no filter, for the last few seconds of the clip, I'm sure there's an easy way to do it but can't find the instructions for it. Any help appreciated!

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Fade out video filters?
on Feb 23, 2010 at 6:20:33 am

Brad, split the clip in the middle of where you want it to fade the effect out, remove the strobe on the second half and add a dissolve between the two clips. That way the strobe version cross fades to the non strobe version of the title. Adjust the length of the dissolve to suit.

Voila.

Return to posts index

Brad DeCecco
on Feb 23, 2010 at 6:23:44 am

Ah! Genius, thank you!

Return to posts index

Nick Price
on Feb 23, 2010 at 9:04:04 am

Hi Brad,
or you can use keyframes. Have a look in the manual, but basically they are points you create so you can change values of a filter wherever you like in a clip. Very easy and useful, and there are lots of shortcuts to make them easy to manipulate.
best wishes
nick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]