FORUMS: list search recent posts

Text problems in DVCProHD

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Kollmar
Text problems in DVCProHD
on Feb 22, 2010 at 4:14:07 pm

Hey Guys,

So we are working in ProRes422(HQ) my easy setup is set to work with ProRes422(HQ). I use Boris for my Lower thirds, and my first problem is that Boris crashes a lot. I have downloaded the update from Boris for Calligraphy, and that seemed to help, but it still crashes out.

My other problem is that while my text looks beautiful in FCP, when I export to DVCProHD 1080i60 through compressor my text gets stretched and looks like someone changed the aspect ratio. Is this a function of DVCPro HD not being a full raster codec, and I'm exporting to it from a full raster codec? and if so, how do I fix it?

Thanks guys!

FCP -7.01
OS X 10.6.2
Mac Pro 2x 2.26
8gig ram

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Text problems in DVCProHD
on Feb 22, 2010 at 4:38:50 pm

Hi Chris,
Unless you have to deliver in DVCProHD, I don't see the reason to export to that codec.
Rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Nancy Kiang
Re: Text problems in DVCProHD
on Sep 7, 2010 at 1:46:28 am

Hi, Chris -
May I ask if you found a good solution for your blurry text?
I just ran into the same problem.
I am using a MacBook Pro 10.5.8 with Final Cut HD 4.5 (okay, it's old, but it's worked fine for me for years...before all those new codecs).

I imported DVCPro-NTSC 29.97 fps footage, and my sequence is at 720x480 DV/DVCPro-NTSC.

I used the simple Text utility in Final Cut to put in some titles, and the text renders horribly blurry, while the video is perfectly fine.

I exported to a self-contained QuickTime to DVCPro format.
The font I am using is Lucida grande. Helvetica looks just as horrible.

Then, I exported to a self-contained QuickTime to DV-NTSC format. If the file is played in QuickTime, the fonts are sharp, but the aspect ratio format gets stretched wide. If the file is played in iDVD, the fonts are blurry while the aspect ratio is correct.

May I ask what your solution was?

Thanks,
Nancy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]