FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing and Exporting Options in FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Helen Johnson
Importing and Exporting Options in FCP
on Feb 22, 2010 at 10:16:50 am

I have created a 24 second animation that is to be used as a segway in between a sequence of short movies. These movies are all going to be edited together with my segway in Final Cut Pro by someone else. I am concerned about compressing my movie, for it then to be put into another Final Cut Pro timeline and eventually compressed again. Therefore, I was hoping to export it as a Final Cut Movie (without compression), and give this to the other individual to import into their timeline. Would there be any problems with this if each of the FCP projects were DV PAL 4:3? Or, does anyone know of a better way to do this?

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Importing and Exporting Options in FCP
on Feb 22, 2010 at 11:41:04 am

No problems I see at all. Since both systems will be working in DV PAL, there's not any extra compression that isn't going to happen in the end anyway.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Importing and Exporting Options in FCP
on Feb 22, 2010 at 2:10:09 pm

DV is one of the worst codec you can use to export any thing.
Unless your animation and the clips will be printed to DV tape, avoid it.
Rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]