FORUMS: list search recent posts

Different Frame Sizes of clips causing mayhem

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Herriott
Different Frame Sizes of clips causing mayhem
on Feb 22, 2010 at 4:55:06 am

Hello...

I recently completed a 17 minute Apple Pro Res 422 sequence that looks fine on playback on my computer as well as when I've made a QT movie from it. I've done a downconversion of it in order it to play on a SD DVD (I've gone through the process before on another 17 minute sequence and all worked well with that one). After authoring and burning a SD DVD of the new sequence in DVD Studio Pro I noticed some of the shots with relatively quick pans were quite stuttery.
After much searching, it looks as though the source of the problem appears to be that all the "stuttery" clips have a frame size of 1440 X 1080 while the smooth ones are 1920 X 1080. I may have brought the clips into FCP with different presets...not sure. (And, unfortunately, the card with the raw footage is no longer).
Is there anyway to better the situation? Would setting a difference sequence preset and then cutting and pasting the sequence out the original timeline into the new one do any good?
Any and all advice appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Different Frame Sizes of clips causing mayhem
on Feb 22, 2010 at 5:03:32 am

My guess is the 1440 footage was HDV and therefore interlaced. On a computer screen you are not seeing the fact that the interlaced footage is swapping field order going to SD.

This is just a guess based on a paucity of information. So if you can tell us what codecs co-respond to the problem shots and what the OK shot are. Check in FCP if the footage in interlaced and what field order it is. Plus you need to tell us how you are down converting to SD.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Different Frame Sizes of clips causing mayhem
on Feb 22, 2010 at 5:40:06 am

Mi guess is the same: an interlacing issue in FC or Compressor.
The difference in size or pixels shouldn't be any problem.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]