FORUMS: list search recent posts

People laid off concerning FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
carl bergfors
People laid off concerning FCP
on Feb 20, 2010 at 6:10:09 pm

Apple has laid off many people involved in the development in FCP. Will FCP languish now?
I really dislike that apple never say that they are steadfastly commited to their software. Like Aperture, people left it for lightroom because they thought apple would discontinue aperture. Now they have come with aperture 3 which seems to be better than lightroom.
Why canĀ“t they say that they will go on developing their software???
They have lost money on aperture because of their silence.
As one of my friend says: I love mac but hare apple. He uses FCP and logic and he never feels sure about what will happen in the future. What is really the big idea with apple and their silence?
I remember the speculations before this version of FCP that apple was pondering selling it.
What is wrong with apple? Will FCP which I love be around with apple as responsible owner and developer?

Sorry for ranting

I am tired of the silence from apple when it comes to its software. They now have laid off many people involved in FCP. Besides nobody knew what would happen to Aperture and users went to lightroom. Then they eventually come with aperture 3 which seems to be better than lightroom. Why cannot Apple assure us about their commitment to their software? Why, they lose money. What will happen to FCP now?
As one of my friends say: I love mac and hate apple.
Besides is phemomenon dead?

Carl

Return to posts index

Ernie Santella
Re: People laid off concerning FCP
on Feb 20, 2010 at 6:15:31 pm

If Apple discontinues FCP, it would be one of The most stupid things they have ever done. Like we all need another smaller Nano player.

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Feb 20, 2010 at 6:23:09 pm

Do we really need a second thread to discuss this issue again?

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/8/1075059

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"Foul Water, Fiery Serpent" now in Post.

Creative Cow Forum Host:
Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple Motion, Apple Color, AJA Kona, Business & Marketing, Maxx Digital.

Blog!

Twitter!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Feb 20, 2010 at 7:31:14 pm

The rumor that Apple isn't committed is false. Those were outside consultants. FCP will remain. All software companies are tight lipped about many things (Avid, Adobe).

Nothing to this stupid rumor. Are poeple itching for FCP to go away? Stop it already

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Alan Okey
on Feb 20, 2010 at 7:59:38 pm

THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING! WHAT WILL WE DO?!?!?

OH THE HUMANITY!!!

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Feb 20, 2010 at 8:01:26 pm

[Alan Okey] "THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING! WHAT WILL WE DO?!?!?

OH THE HUMANITY!!!"

THE END IS NIGH.

REPENT IMMEDIATELY!!!

JOHN 3:16 WITH THE RAINBOW FUZZY HAIR GUY!!!

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Creative Cow Forum Host:
Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple Motion, Apple Color, AJA Kona, Business & Marketing, Maxx Digital.

Blog!

Twitter!

Return to posts index

Chad Brewer
on Feb 20, 2010 at 8:06:01 pm

I agree. Enough with the FCP is being sold, will stop being developed, will be discontinued.
Let's say next week is armageddon. Martial law is instituted. We all go shopping for guns, but of course television continues because everyone wants to stay inside and watch what develops, but only on their HD plasma screens which they now wish had the money back for the purchase of guns.
Here's what I would do: Go in the back of my closet. Take out my PowerMac G3 with FCP 3 on it. Continue editing in SD. SD is still being broadcasted today and surely will be during armageddon times. In armageddon times, we will remember that moving pictures with sound are a luxury compared to the parents of some of us older folks whose parents grew up listening to Saturday night radio shows.

If you have a beef with Apple as a company, take it up with Steve Jobs, not the Creative Cow forums.

Chad Brewer
Senior Tape Operator/Engineer
TeleVersions

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Feb 20, 2010 at 8:51:45 pm

[Chad Brewer] "
If you have a beef with Apple as a company, take it up with Steve Jobs, not the Creative Cow forums."

Here's more fun.....

Avid is returning to the NAB Show Floor. South Hall, looks like a big booth and they're listed in four other locations.

http://expo.nabshow.com/annual10/public/fp.aspx?MapID=13&BoothID=101449&Boo...

Apple is not listed anywhere as an exhibitor. What does this mean for Studio?

Will Batman save Robin before the rope breaks sending him into Penquin's vat of acid?

Will Steve Jobs dance the Macarena at the Creative Cow Party?

Will there be: A)1: B)5 or C)10+ more threads about the disappearance of Final Cut Studio between now and NAB?

Will Bob Zelin tell us all to shut up and get back to work?

Stay tuned to Bessie TV for all your Apple and Final Cut Pro Conspiracy theories. Keep your hooves off that dial!!

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Creative Cow Forum Host:

Blog!

Twitter!

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Feb 20, 2010 at 9:06:54 pm

[walter biscardi] "Do we really need a second thread to discuss this issue again?"

This is actually the third thread on the subject if you're really counting. :)

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
on Feb 21, 2010 at 12:03:11 pm

Ah HECK!

I know for sure that the world ends in 2012 in any event... I've seen the movie.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Feb 22, 2010 at 2:54:03 am

After seeing that movie I was hoping the world would end before the start of the credit role.

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Feb 22, 2010 at 3:22:29 am

[Michael Sacci] "After seeing that movie I was hoping the world would end before the start of the credit role."

Geez, that was my thought when I saw the trailer. Glad we never went to see the whole thing....

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Creative Cow Forum Host:

Blog!

Twitter!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]