FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Issues

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Burke
Final Cut Issues
on Feb 20, 2010 at 3:14:30 am

Hey guys, Me again ☺ having issues with Final Cut. First Off I’m running on octo-Core 2.26ghz on OS 10.6.2, And I’m using Final Cut 6.06. and I edit on a 3TB SATA raid. That said my problems are listed below.

-My canvas window gets lighter when I play back on the timeline

-Final Cut wants me to render when I do the smallest change to the video (Under my RT tab I cant choose unlimited I have to go into system setting to change it)

-All my footage is exported to Apple ProRess and my Seq settings match the Media I am working in.

Any reason these errors should be happening while I have a Raid and a very powerful Desktop?

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Final Cut Issues
on Feb 20, 2010 at 4:26:14 am

[Greg Burke] "-Final Cut wants me to render when I do the smallest change to the video (Under my RT tab I cant choose unlimited I have to go into system setting to change it)"

That always indicates that the sequence settings and media don't match. So, I'm guessing that you started with the wrong settings, then changed them to match sometime later, which doesn't work.

Open a new sequence, drop a single piece of media on the timeline and let FCP match the settings to the media. Now, see if you have the same issues.

[Greg Burke] "-All my footage is exported to Apple ProRess"

Exported from what???

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Greg Burke
on Feb 20, 2010 at 7:19:54 am

I get it as a h.264 then up convert it to Pro Res.

Return to posts index

Greg Burke
on Feb 20, 2010 at 7:21:18 am

The media matches FCP asks me if I would you like to change to Seq to match your media I click yes.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]