FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro Settings For AVCHD Canon HFS100

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sonam Ukyab
Final Cut Pro Settings For AVCHD Canon HFS100
on Feb 19, 2010 at 5:28:56 pm

Hi friends, first time posting on this forum. I am new to Final cut and digital video. I just purchased a Canon HFS 100 and am shooting in 30p and am going to be editing on FCP 6.0.1. From Easy Setup on FCP I have changed the FORMAT to HD, RATE to 29.97 and USE to DVCPRO HD -1080p30. Will this be the most favorable settings if I want to make high quality HD videos for the web.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: Final Cut Pro Settings For AVCHD Canon HFS100
on Feb 19, 2010 at 8:07:39 pm

You must update to 6.0.6 to work with this media.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Sonam Ukyab
on Feb 19, 2010 at 9:37:18 pm

Thanks for the response, Tom.

Could I then leave everything as default on FCP Easy Setup i.e. FORMAT: all formats, RATE: all rates, USE: Custom Setup and have success editing on FCP and exporting HD videos for the web.

I have a Canon HFS 100 and will be editing on FCP 6.0.1

Thanks a ton!

Return to posts index

Andrew Hamer
on Jul 2, 2010 at 5:51:52 am

I would also like to know the answer to this question. What are the settings to use with the HF S100? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Jul 2, 2010 at 2:34:44 pm

I can't tell you the correct settings. The correct settings are determined by exactly what you shot on the camera, what format, frame size, frame rate.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Jul 2, 2010 at 2:33:36 pm

I think you will need to update to a later version of FCP6 to sue AVCHD material.

All the best,

Tom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]