FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio channels crossing on import to FCP via Dalet & Xtend

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cal Baxter
Audio channels crossing on import to FCP via Dalet & Xtend
on Feb 19, 2010 at 5:08:11 pm

The station where I work is running Dalet Client Plus in conjunction with FCP. I have discovered an issue with audio channels crossing when a importing clip from Dalet to FCP through Xtend. Basically, video is ingested into the server via Dalet and then I import it in FCP. However, the audio channels are crossing during import in FCP. The audio channels don't stay in their native channels. What is gather in the field on tape or P2 as channels 1 & 2 appear as such in Dalet after ingest but when I import the same video into FCP, channel 1 becomes 2 and channel 2 becomes 1 in Final Cut. I understand I can adjust this very easily with channel mapping if I begin a project in FCP. However, some projects are started in Dalet and then imported into FCP. This is when crossed audio channels become a big problem. I can work around this using "Match Frame" but that is creating more work to fix something that should not happen if it was configured correctly.

Any help in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
Re: Audio channels crossing on import to FCP via Dalet & Xtend
on Feb 20, 2010 at 2:06:48 pm

Hey Carl
Your description of the issue suggests a configuration error in the Dalet / Dalet Xtend plugin... unfortunately I have no direct experience of that system so can't really offer any proper help, but thats where I'd be looking.
Andy

Return to posts index

Cal Baxter
on Feb 20, 2010 at 11:29:39 pm

Andy,

Thanks, your observation is what I've suspected all along. Tech support is tough to come by so that's why I threw it out there to see if anyone experienced a similar issue.

Cal

Return to posts index

Ruud Blom
on Mar 1, 2010 at 12:55:13 pm

We use a simular environment: Dalet V2.0, Xtend 1018 and FCP 6.06, we gather on tape and P2. With this setup we don't experience your audio crossing issue.

We have another issue with Xtend and P2: after importing multiple P2-clips from Dalet to FCP the longest durated clip is offline in FCP. Do you experience simular problems with Xtend and how do you import P2 into Dalet ???

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]