FORUMS: list search recent posts

1 track stereo on DVCProHD

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Kollmar
1 track stereo on DVCProHD
on Feb 17, 2010 at 6:37:37 pm

Hey guys,

I have a delivery doc that says I need to provide a DVCPro HD file with track 1 containing channels 1 & 2 full mix flagged as stereo and track 2 containing Channels 3 & 4 stereo Music & Effects flagged as stereo.

I've tried multiple export settings, and can't find the correct settings to deliver those settings out of final cut or compressor.

any help is appreciated!

FCP 7.01

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: 1 track stereo on DVCProHD
on Feb 17, 2010 at 7:01:17 pm

You will need to mix your audio and make files that match that spec. Typically I have an audio post house do this and provide us with AIFF files. But if you are using FCP, then simply exporting your full audio as an AIFF Stereo file will produce an AIFF stereo file, and then export another one, this time removing, or turning off, the tracks containing DIALOGUE and NARRATION, then export again.

Make a new sequence (duplicate the one you have), and then put the AIFF Stereo Mix on tracks 1 and 2, and the M&E on 3&4. Go to the SEQUENCE>SETTINGS and click on the AUDIO tab and enable 4 channel output. Then on the timeline, right-click on the audio tracks between the Lock and the Auto Select area to assign the audio to the proper track.

Then export your quicktime.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Chris Kollmar
on Feb 17, 2010 at 7:27:58 pm

Shane -

thanks for the reply, but that still gives me 4 tracks of audio in the final file. I need only 2 tracks of audio in the final file. Track 1 with channels 1 & 2(Full Mix) flagged as stereo, and Track 2 with channels 3&4(M/E) flagged as stereo.

when I export through compressor I have multiple options in the audio tab for tracks, any of those maybe do the trick? if so, which one?

Return to posts index

Chris Kollmar
on Feb 17, 2010 at 7:52:37 pm

Shane -

Thank you for your help, everything was cleared up when I found out that by "Track" they meant "SoundTrack" and not a track as a channel. so Soundtrack 1 is a 2 channel mix and Soundtrack 2 is a 2 channel stereo M/E mix.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Feb 17, 2010 at 8:59:01 pm

Good, because there is NO WAY to get a stereo mix into one channel of audio.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Reid Caulfield
on Feb 21, 2010 at 4:43:53 am

there is, actually, technically speaking. I saw a similar spec a few years ago where the client wanted different AC3 streams on each channel of their master. AC3, of course, is a data stream that holds multiple channels of audio information. So we did a stereo domestic stream to channel 1 of an HDCAM master, M&E to channel 2, etc. Crazy, but it's possible.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]